Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
Hello all. I'm having a lot of difficulty trying to get Palm Desktop to work on my G5. I downloaded it from PalmOne, unstuffed it, and then tried to install it, but it keeps saying that it cannot install completely. Then I tried running just Hotsync Manager, and this is the error I get:

Application Launch Faliure
The application "HotSync Manager" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "4<HotSync Manager><HotSync Manager><HotSyncLib.PPC><>"

Does anyone have any insight? I even deleted the whole Palm folder from my applications, and downloaded and reinstalled the one on the Handspring website (I'm using a Treo 300) but I get the same results.

I don't know a lot about Macs yet, as I recently switched from XP, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
Actually, Palm desktop did install on my computer, but Hotsync Manager doesn't work. Any ideas?

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
Nevermind. I got it fixed, after suggestions from TreoCentral.com. I did a complete uninstall while logged in as root user, and had to update Stuffit Standard to 8.0.1 in order to get it to install. Now it works perfectly. Just in case you're interested;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.