Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allbrokeup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Hello all,

I am just posting this out of minor frustration at Apple.

I think Apple should make the use of Core Animation in Cocoa/Carbon/ASS Applications MUCH MUCH MUCH easier. For example, how we do it in Keynote. If we had the same CA settings in Interface Builder as Keynote, we would see many many more intuitive applications on the market or for download using Core Animation and it would maybe entice more developers to start adopting the Mac Development Platform because they can create Animations easier and on a greater scale.

So, overall...

Do you think that Apple should make Core Animation easier to use?

Cheers!

allbrokeup.
:apple::eek::mad::apple:

kpua

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2006
How do you mean 'easier'? [[view animator] setFrame:newFrame], etc. is pretty darn easy...

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
I think Apple should make the use of Core Animation in Cocoa/Carbon/ASS Applications MUCH MUCH MUCH easier. For example, how we do it in Keynote.

/facepalm

CoreAnimation is both a technology and a Cocoa framework. This is not some consumer application. I mean...this just boggles me. Coding isn't whipping up a new application in some application like Pages - programming takes time, effort, and knowledge.

If we had the same CA settings in Interface Builder as Keynote, we would see many many more intuitive applications on the market or for download using Core Animation and it would maybe entice more developers to start adopting the Mac Development Platform because they can create Animations easier and on a greater scale.

If a "developer" can't figure out how to utilize the simplicity of CoreAnimation, I highly doubt we're going to see anything intuitive (maybe you mean innovative?) out of them any time soon. Seriously.

CoreAnimation is like super-easy to use. I can't see how you'd make it easier.

:confused:

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the IB options to control CoreAnimation yet. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.