Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:26 PM   #1
Cameron08
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Cameron08
Should I buy refurbished Or New imac?

Good day and thanks for any suggestions you may have.


Well I plan to buy my first imac within the next 2 weeks.

Here's the problem:

The new imac I want to buy is exactly $1,199 here's the specs:
# 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
# 1GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 1x1GB
# 250GB Serial ATA Drive
# Apple wireless Mighty Mouse
# Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) + User's Guide
# Accessory kit
# SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
# ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT with 128MB memory
# 20-inch glossy widescreen LCD
# AirPort Extreme
# Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR


I can buy a refurbished one for $1,099.00 with:

Refurbished iMac 20-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
20-inch glossy widescreen display
1GB memory
320GB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory

I can buy the wireless mouse and keyboard separately and it would make the refurbished imac total $1,247.


I'm not worry about the memory I plan to buy ram from crucial.

But see I really want to the wireless mouse and keyboard, thats the main thing I want. I can buy the refurbished one and get more for my money and then buy the wireless mouse and keyboard separately for more.

Or buy the New imac for more with less specs.






Should I get more for my money and buy the wireless mouse and keybaord separately or just buy the new imac and get everything I need for less specs?


Thanks for helping me think!


-Cam
Cameron08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:58 AM   #2
thegoldenmackid
macrumors 604
 
thegoldenmackid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: dallas, texas
Send a message via AIM to thegoldenmackid Send a message via Skype™ to thegoldenmackid
More specs all the way. What's the downside to refurb (same warranty, better specs, less money)? Or go with a third party like Amazon or MacMall...
__________________
thegoldenmackid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 01:23 AM   #3
kiwi031
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
The first iMac i got from the store took about 10 mins to boot for the first time, and shortly developed a loud electric buzzing sound from behind the screen... Needless to say, i took it back the next day.

Some nucklehead technician will have 'repaired' it and someone thought they were getting a bargain. For goodness sake, that computer is a nightmare. Faulty as hell. Wouldn't go NEAR it if you paid me.!\!!
__________________
-20" Alu iMac, 2.66 C2D, 4GB RAM, 320gb OS 10.6SL
-8GB iPhone 3G 3.0, 16GB iPod Touch, Red Shuffle
kiwi031 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 07:07 AM   #4
velocityg4
macrumors 68040
 
velocityg4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Personally I would avoid Apples mouse altogether. Since you want Wireless I would propose getting this MS Bluetooth mouse, if you want one with less features and a sleeker look then this Logitech V470 should work great.

I just do not like the design of Apple's mouse. Physically I find them uncomfortable and I do not like the touch sensitivity requiring the lifting of the left finger to right click.

Personally though I would recommend a wired keyboard and mouse. Much more responsive, reliable and cheaper in my opinion.
__________________
Quadra 650 040 33MHz 72MB RAM, 2GB HD, 2x CD
Macbook C2D 2.0Ghz; 3GB RAM, 500GB HD
Home Made i5 4.0Ghz, GeForce 560 Ti, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD RAID 0, 3TB HD RAID 0 in a G5 Case.
velocityg4 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:06 AM   #5
Thorbjorn
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
For what it's worth: I bought a refurb 24" iMac earlier this year and it's been flawless, both in appearance (no sign that it had ever been touched by other human hands) and in performance. Couldn't be happier. I think you'll hear the same from lots of other folks here. It's because of research in the forums here that I had the confidence to go refurb in the first place.
Thorbjorn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:27 AM   #6
yoppie
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
I would go refurb. More bang for the buck and you're covered by the same AppleCare warranty.
yoppie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:28 AM   #7
SaSaSushi
macrumors 68030
 
SaSaSushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Takamatsu, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi031 View Post
Some nucklehead technician will have 'repaired' it and someone thought they were getting a bargain. For goodness sake, that computer is a nightmare. Faulty as hell. Wouldn't go NEAR it if you paid me.!\!!
Aside from the plain brown box the refurbs come in they are generally indistinguishable from new machines and are an excellent deal. At any rate they have the exact same one year limited warranty as new machines with the option to add an additional 2 years under Applecare so there is no risk anyway.

Another vote for the refurb.
__________________
27" Late 2013 iMac i7 3.5GHz GTX780M 32GB/1TB Fusion
32GB iPhone 5s | 32GB iPad 3 LTE
16GB iPad 2 3G | Canon EOS 450D
SaSaSushi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 08:29 AM   #8
kayjprod
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I bought a refurb Mac Mini- good as new, though the power brick had some light scratches on it and none of the usual sticky plastic protection on it. I more recently bought a refurb iMac and you just couldn't tell it apart from a brand new one.

I'm after a MacPro soon and if I can find a better deal on a higher spec by buying refurb, thats the way I will go. (I don't really think I need an 8core beast if I'm currently managing to use Logic Studio on my 2.2 Core Duo MBP!)

HTH
kayjprod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:17 AM   #9
trevoristight
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Refurb sucks, it defeats the purpose. Right now the penryn imac 2.4 is 1049 compared to brand new with education discount is 1149, wireless mouse and keyboard are 20 and 30 when you buy new, they are 70 and 80 when you buy a refurb, so it's a 100 difference which makes up for the 100 difference in price of the imac, so they're the same price, go for new. The same is true for the 2.66 imac.

Also the one you referenced to is last generation imac 2.4 for 1099 which would be more expensive then the penryn one, just because the video card is 256 instead of 128, if you use intense games or graphic design that matters, but otherwise it doesn't.

I would go with new just because it's the same price as a refurb, depending on if you get educational discount if not i would look into refurb and maybe not get wireless keyboard and mouse, then they are a good deal, especially the 24" ones.
trevoristight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:31 AM   #10
gehrbox
macrumors 65816
 
gehrbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charleston,SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoristight View Post
Refurb sucks, it defeats the purpose.
If you are $100 shy of enough money for a new one a refurb makes complete sense. I've bought refurb from Apple and it was perfect. No issues at all and used it for years.

I just spent over $2k on a new iMac, but seriously considered a refurb to save money. In the end the idea of finally owning the mythical 3Ghz iMac won over and I had the money.
__________________
Bud
My other computer is a Mac SE/30
gehrbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:36 AM   #11
mBurns
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Refurbs don't "suck". Some of the deals aren't deals because they base the discounted price off the original MSRP of the item. You just need to have some sense and do your research before you hit the buy button!
__________________
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
iPhone 5
iPad Mini
mBurns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:41 AM   #12
Ozz.Man
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to Ozz.Man
I have bought several items from Apple refurb. 2 of them were faulty and had to go back the rest worked well for ages.
Ozz.Man is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 11:51 AM   #13
BobZune
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
There is nothing wrong with buying refurbished machines from Apple. Apple does have at least one store in Alabama, so they'll have to charge state taxes (appears to be 4%), so you'd have to take that into account (and any shipping charges). The third parties (Amazon, MacMall, ...) won't charge you sales tax, and some offer free shipping, so take that into consideration. The configurations do vary slightly -- the Amazon one comes with 250GB HDD, for instance.

Another source of RAM is OtherWorldComputing/MacSales.
BobZune is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:06 PM   #14
gehrbox
macrumors 65816
 
gehrbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charleston,SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobZune View Post
Apple does have at least one store in Alabama, so they'll have to charge state taxes (appears to be 4%), so you'd have to take that into account (and any shipping charges).
Apple store online sales tax charges are not based on location of their stores. It's Apple's policy on internet sales to charge state sales tax.
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Im....html#topic-12

It's optional for businesses that do not have a B&M location in the state. I think Apple knows that sooner or later it's going to be required and could create legal issues for uncollected taxes if a state brings suit.
http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/obje...1/277/167/ART/

Every time I make a purchase from Apple online I get hit for sales tax. Apple has no stores in my state South Carolina. The closest Apple store to me is Charlotte, NC. The good news is they are planning on opening an Apple store here next year.
__________________
Bud
My other computer is a Mac SE/30
gehrbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:39 PM   #15
thegoldenmackid
macrumors 604
 
thegoldenmackid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: dallas, texas
Send a message via AIM to thegoldenmackid Send a message via Skype™ to thegoldenmackid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaSaSushi View Post
Aside from the plain brown box the refurbs come in they are generally indistinguishable from new machines and are an excellent deal. At any rate they have the exact same one year limited warranty as new machines with the option to add an additional 2 years under Applecare so there is no risk anyway.

Another vote for the refurb.
Also, there are plenty of people's computers who are faulty when purchased new, not refurb... Let's remember that when these computers get replaced through Apple Care they get replaced by... oh yeah, refurb or "service" machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoristight View Post
Refurb sucks, it defeats the purpose. Right now the penryn imac 2.4 is 1049 compared to brand new with education discount is 1149, wireless mouse and keyboard are 20 and 30 when you buy new, they are 70 and 80 when you buy a refurb, so it's a 100 difference which makes up for the 100 difference in price of the imac, so they're the same price, go for new. The same is true for the 2.66 imac.
Everyone doesn't have access to the EDU Discount, even some students like those not in higher education

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoristight View Post
Also the one you referenced to is last generation imac 2.4 for 1099 which would be more expensive then the penryn one, just because the video card is 256 instead of 128, if you use intense games or graphic design that matters, but otherwise it doesn't.
Or maybe having the better video card is better if you say, plan on using iMovie or if you just want your computer to run faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoristight View Post
I would go with new just because it's the same price as a refurb, depending on if you get educational discount if not i would look into refurb and maybe not get wireless keyboard and mouse, then they are a good deal, especially the 24" ones.
So in other words, despite your little incoherent rant on refurbs, for those of that aren't in College or Graduate School, you would get the refurb because you agree that they are a good deal. So, in short, refurbs defeat their purpose as compared to some other special discount Apple tries to give to poor college students.

Going from MacMall or Amazon would solve your problem. They normally are $100 cheaper with a free printer then Apple would be. On top of that, you wouldn't be charged tax, that is more then enough to make up the shipping. Remember, you are getting a new machine. Despite the fact that MacMall's customer service is dreadful, if you buy it, you're still getting your one year of Apple Care.
__________________
thegoldenmackid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:51 AM   #16
Cameron08
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Cameron08
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenmackid View Post
More specs all the way. What's the downside to refurb (same warranty, better specs, less money)? Or go with a third party like Amazon or MacMall...
Hi,
Yea I agree, with the refurbished from the new I'll get more hdd space and better monitor. Then buy the 4gb memory at crucial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi031 View Post
The first iMac i got from the store took about 10 mins to boot for the first time, and shortly developed a loud electric buzzing sound from behind the screen... Needless to say, i took it back the next day.

Some nucklehead technician will have 'repaired' it and someone thought they were getting a bargain. For goodness sake, that computer is a nightmare. Faulty as hell. Wouldn't go NEAR it if you paid me.!\!!
Sorry for that, what apple computer did you buy from the store? imac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocityg4 View Post
Personally I would avoid Apples mouse altogether. Since you want Wireless I would propose getting this MS Bluetooth mouse, if you want one with less features and a sleeker look then this Logitech V470 should work great.

I just do not like the design of Apple's mouse. Physically I find them uncomfortable and I do not like the touch sensitivity requiring the lifting of the left finger to right click.

Personally though I would recommend a wired keyboard and mouse. Much more responsive, reliable and cheaper in my opinion.
I have friends who've used the mouse and they seem to like it, I don't think I would have any problem with the feel of it. If I buy the refurbished I'll have both wireless and wired keyboard and mouse, because I was planning on buying a wireless keyboard and mouse with the refurbished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorbjorn View Post
For what it's worth: I bought a refurb 24" iMac earlier this year and it's been flawless, both in appearance (no sign that it had ever been touched by other human hands) and in performance. Couldn't be happier. I think you'll hear the same from lots of other folks here. It's because of research in the forums here that I had the confidence to go refurb in the first place.
Thanks for the feedback. That helps me aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoppie View Post
I would go refurb. More bang for the buck and you're covered by the same AppleCare warranty.
Thanks for that, I am probably by the end of this day will buy the refurbished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaSaSushi View Post
Aside from the plain brown box the refurbs come in they are generally indistinguishable from new machines and are an excellent deal. At any rate they have the exact same one year limited warranty as new machines with the option to add an additional 2 years under Applecare so there is no risk anyway.

Another vote for the refurb.
Thank you, I'm glad you can get the apple care or I would be lost ):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjprod View Post
I bought a refurb Mac Mini- good as new, though the power brick had some light scratches on it and none of the usual sticky plastic protection on it. I more recently bought a refurb iMac and you just couldn't tell it apart from a brand new one.

I'm after a MacPro soon and if I can find a better deal on a higher spec by buying refurb, thats the way I will go. (I don't really think I need an 8core beast if I'm currently managing to use Logic Studio on my 2.2 Core Duo MBP!)

HTH
Good luck, I hope you get the specs you want. Thanks for your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoristight View Post
Refurb sucks, it defeats the purpose. Right now the penryn imac 2.4 is 1049 compared to brand new with education discount is 1149, wireless mouse and keyboard are 20 and 30 when you buy new, they are 70 and 80 when you buy a refurb, so it's a 100 difference which makes up for the 100 difference in price of the imac, so they're the same price, go for new. The same is true for the 2.66 imac.

Also the one you referenced to is last generation imac 2.4 for 1099 which would be more expensive then the penryn one, just because the video card is 256 instead of 128, if you use intense games or graphic design that matters, but otherwise it doesn't.

I would go with new just because it's the same price as a refurb, depending on if you get educational discount if not i would look into refurb and maybe not get wireless keyboard and mouse, then they are a good deal, especially the 24" ones.
Well, I'm actually saving money although the refurbished imac will cost about $47 more then the new, I'm getting more hdd and better monitor. So if I get the refurbished imac $1,247 altogether after I buy the 4gb memory and wireless mouse and keyboard. I know your logic on the monitor if I don't do games things like that, but I'll be playing games rarely and be doing alot of video editing. But I'd rather have a better monitor for this kind of money.

Thanks for your feedback I'm very thankful everyone is replying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrbox View Post
If you are $100 shy of enough money for a new one a refurb makes complete sense. I've bought refurb from Apple and it was perfect. No issues at all and used it for years.

I just spent over $2k on a new iMac, but seriously considered a refurb to save money. In the end the idea of finally owning the mythical 3Ghz iMac won over and I had the money.
I agree, I'm glad it worked out for you. Well see the imac that I was going to buy is the cheapest one you can get, then I was going to just upgrade the memory to 4gb on crucial and get wireless mouse and keyboard. I can also get the educational discount so I got about $50 discount on that one. So the price came out to be $1,199.00 for the new imac with like 250 gb and less power in the monitor. So then I looked at the refurbished and I saw I could get (for less money) get 1,400 worth of specs for 1,099 so then I just added the money that I'll be spending on the side of the wireless mouse & keyboard and it came out to be 1,247.00 so for $47 more I'm getting better monitor and wireless keyboard and 4gb memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mBurns View Post
Refurbs don't "suck". Some of the deals aren't deals because they base the discounted price off the original MSRP of the item. You just need to have some sense and do your research before you hit the buy button!
Thanks for that feedback, if some of it was pointed to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz.Man View Post
I have bought several items from Apple refurb. 2 of them were faulty and had to go back the rest worked well for ages.
I'm sorry for that, what was wrong with the 2 parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobZune View Post
There is nothing wrong with buying refurbished machines from Apple. Apple does have at least one store in Alabama, so they'll have to charge state taxes (appears to be 4%), so you'd have to take that into account (and any shipping charges). The third parties (Amazon, MacMall, ...) won't charge you sales tax, and some offer free shipping, so take that into consideration. The configurations do vary slightly -- the Amazon one comes with 250GB HDD, for instance.

Another source of RAM is OtherWorldComputing/MacSales.
Oh ok thank you. I haven't thought about shipping, and taxes yet. I'll look into the other providers as well thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrbox View Post
Apple store online sales tax charges are not based on location of their stores. It's Apple's policy on internet sales to charge state sales tax.
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Im....html#topic-12

It's optional for businesses that do not have a B&M location in the state. I think Apple knows that sooner or later it's going to be required and could create legal issues for uncollected taxes if a state brings suit.
http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/obje...1/277/167/ART/

Every time I make a purchase from Apple online I get hit for sales tax. Apple has no stores in my state South Carolina. The closest Apple store to me is Charlotte, NC. The good news is they are planning on opening an Apple store here next year.
That's good new that they are opening a store, I hope the taxes won't eat me up.
Cameron08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:57 AM   #17
gehrbox
macrumors 65816
 
gehrbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charleston,SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron08 View Post
Then buy the 4gb memory at crucial
Save yourself another $40-$50 and buy OCZ ram instead. After rebate and including shipping I paid $67 for 4GB at NewEgg.
__________________
Bud
My other computer is a Mac SE/30
gehrbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:01 AM   #18
Cameron08
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Cameron08
Tax for me was,$106.01

My total would come out to be $1,353.01


Which doesn't include the memory I would buy which was $106.00 which would cost me finally 1,459 that is for the refurbished. For the new imac grand total w/taxes and memory included would be for the new imac would be $1,455.00

Last edited by Cameron08; Jun 22, 2008 at 11:08 AM.
Cameron08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:28 AM   #19
BryanLyle
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
I just bought a refurb Macbook Pro and it has been flawless. I would not hesitate to purchase another refurb.
__________________
follow me on twitter: @bryanlyle
BryanLyle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 04:13 PM   #20
BobZune
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
On the state tax matter

I forgot to add it is the generally responsibility of the buyer to pay the state taxes, if the seller is out of state and is not charging it. But the compliance rate on this appears to be very low.
BobZune is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 05:06 PM   #21
kiwi031
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaSaSushi View Post
Aside from the plain brown box the refurbs come in they are generally indistinguishable from new machines and are an excellent deal. At any rate they have the exact same one year limited warranty as new machines with the option to add an additional 2 years under Applecare so there is no risk anyway.

Another vote for the refurb.

Lol, yeah, ur comments are very valid. To be honest though, Apple refurbs are the ONLY brand computer refurbs I'd touch... I work in a computer shop in NZ and we are an apple re-seller... We ocassionally get refurb Apple's in, but they are repair is outsourced to local repair companies, not apple themselves.

U gotta see WHO has refurbished the computer... Also, cheap PC refurbs are very poor! Low Quality.

About the Applecare warranty, that's sweet but if something goes wrong it still means you'll be without ur computer for like 2 weeks etc, hassle and all that... technicians here (the knuckleheads!) like to re-image computers even if they think the logic board is at fault or if you have bad RAM - so you have to back up etc (which I do anyway but many of our customer's don't!)

I dealt with a refurb 2.1Ghz White Macbook that had to go back to technitians 3 times with the same fault... It would take several times to boot - the machine was a dog. Technician replaced bits and pieces over and over again but couldn't repair it.

We sell about 30 Apple machines a month, and I've been there for over a year.... and I've only dealt with about 5-10 faulty or OBF issues with them in that time. That's a pretty good rate I reckon!

Cheers Guys!
__________________
-20" Alu iMac, 2.66 C2D, 4GB RAM, 320gb OS 10.6SL
-8GB iPhone 3G 3.0, 16GB iPod Touch, Red Shuffle
kiwi031 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:31 PM   #22
hubristol
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Send a message via AIM to hubristol
My current computer is a refurb. Unless you're really weary about getting a lemon, I'd probably go with that.
__________________
Oh, Britannica
hubristol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 06:35 AM   #23
Cameron08
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Cameron08
Thanks for all your positive feedback it will ded help me make my decision. However I already made my decision. I'll be buying the refurb I'll buy it without the wireless mouse and keyboard to keep the price from getting too high as well as later in the year when the mac starts getting slow I'll buy more RAM.

Thanks again EVERYONE for helping me and assisting me on this thank you sooo much.

-Cam
Cameron08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 09:26 AM   #24
keehun
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I would avoid the keyboards as well. Also I think you should go with the new, seeing that new is cheaper than refurb by only $100?
__________________
MacBook Pro 15.4" – 2.4GHz C2D – 2GB Ram – 200GB
keehun
keehun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:09 AM   #25
thegoldenmackid
macrumors 604
 
thegoldenmackid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: dallas, texas
Send a message via AIM to thegoldenmackid Send a message via Skype™ to thegoldenmackid
Quote:
Originally Posted by keehun View Post
I would avoid the keyboards as well. Also I think you should go with the new, seeing that new is cheaper than refurb by only $100?
the refurb has a better video card (256 vs. 128) and a bigger hard drive (320 vs. 250) and it is $100 cheaper.
__________________
thegoldenmackid is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best refurbished iMac I can buy for less than $1000? delvec19 iMac 2 Feb 5, 2013 01:52 AM
Can i buy a new IMac from the Apple refurbished store? GreatDane63 iMac 8 Oct 24, 2012 03:50 PM
Recommendations for places to buy a refurbished iMac nwstehle Buying Tips and Advice 9 Jun 12, 2012 11:17 PM
Which refurbished iMac is a better buy? troye Buying Tips and Advice 3 Jun 12, 2012 02:27 PM
Which refurbished iMac is a better buy? troye iMac 1 Jun 12, 2012 09:27 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC