Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazEtooN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Hampton Roads, Virginia
I bought an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone earlier this afternoon. Everything works fine and dandy, but I am an At&t customer, I want to stay that way, and I want to put it on an iPhone plan.

According to the seller, the phone was OTB with firmware 1.1.3, unlocked using ZiPhone, and the baseband was never changed.

I was told that all I had to do was restart the phone while holding the home button to get into restore mode, plug it into iTunes when the icon shows up on my screen, choose to restore to factory 1.1.4 settings, and finally activate it like a normal iPhone.

I do not want to brick this phone, and I just wanted to make 100% sure this was the proper way to virginize it BEFORE I did it.

I did search the forums, but I couldn't find anyone in my exact situation asking for advice, so I wanted to post my exact situation and ask again. I am sorry if it is redundant, and I do greatly appreciate your help.

So, can anyone confirm?

onlycopunk

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Newtown
Here's an idea!

Instead of signing a two year contract, just go online or call ATT and add a data plan! Put the sim card in your new-to-you iphone and voila!

CrazEtooN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Hampton Roads, Virginia
Well, after trying to restore to 1.1.3 numerous times, and being told the iPhone was unable to be restored each time, I almost gave up. I tried restore to 1.1.4 for the hell of it, and I got the message saying "iPhone has been restored to factory settings, yada, yada..." and then the activation window popped up.

I guess I am good to go. I am now requesting this topic be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.