Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Been going to a few movies lately, and the lineup this summer so far is great. I am looking forward to seeing it.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Let's put a smile on that face...

smile.jpg

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
crazy....tickets onsale already! lol

that is nuts.

but i'm excited. still want to see hulk too. loved iron man.

for us guys in our 30s/40s, movie making is heaven right now b/c all the stuff we read and wanted to be movies, they can make them now!
And, to boot, they're doing a pretty good job overall.

can't wait to see it. looks crazy.

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
If I had a time machine, the first place I'd go to is July 18th to see the movie. Actually, on second thought, I'd probably travel to a random weekday in August and catch a matinee since the lineup would most likely be shorter.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I have been looking forward to this since i saw Begins the first time.

I know....that film was just great...it breathed the hauntingness back into the series that was present in the original, but even better here with the Asian martial arts influences....

I liked the whole theme about fighting fear, but Katie Holmes as the journalist was the only blemish on the film. I've heard she was either replaced or chose not to reprise her role in the next one?

There were so many strange connections as well...Katie Holmes is now a Scientologist, and they oppose psychiatry, the villain in the last movie was a psychiatrist using a psychiatric drug to enslave Gotham City, and Heath Ledger from the next movie died from what was apparently an overdose of several psychiatric drugs.

Just to be clear, I didn't dislike Holmes' character because of the anti-psychiatry stuff, it's just that I have seen her in a decent role since Pieces of April.

hubristol

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2005
I wasn't a huge Batman Begins fan, but I've been stoked for The Dark Knight ever since I saw the first trailer. It'll definitely be one of the few movies i'll be seeing in theaters this summer.

idyll

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Saw them filming this downtown Chicago last year after lollapalooza.
CAN NOT WAIT!:D

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
Got tickets to the midnight showing on Thursday. Probably go wait in line 2 hours early because I know how obsessed some people are and I hate having a bad seat.

I am pumped though

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Only a few more hours to go. I am getting really excited. All my friends got together to watch Batman Begins last night (On Blu-Ray of course ;)) and tonight we're going to the IMAX theater with our reserved seats in the center.

I'm not the dressing up type, but I'm seriously considering dressing up as the Adam West Batman.

P-Worm

Attachments

• adam west and burt ward,batman and robin merchandise and collectibles,batman costumes and toys2.jpg
    adam west and burt ward,batman and robin merchandise and collectibles,batman costumes and toys2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 96

Guitarfool5931

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
I saw the movie on Tuesday Knight as a part of the Viral campaign that happened. Anyway I just wanted to let you guys know that the movie is everything you've expected and more. I'm going to see it again at the IMAX on Sunday morning at 3am. I checked the 6am shows and they're almost sold out as well. Crazy!

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
FL
I've been excited for this movie... well, ever since I saw Batman Begins. But especially since I learned that the Joker was going to be dark (more true to the comics) and played by Heath Ledger. I remember thinking at the time how perfect a casting that was, and everything I've seen since appears to back that up.

I also love that they flat out replaced with Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes with Maggie Gyllenhaal. Holmes was awful, very distracting from an otherwise amazing movie.

Seems to me this movie will be breaking some records this weekend, too. Came across this article a few days ago. It seems the pre-sale of tickets has been so intense that some movie theaters won't be closing for well over 48 hours to handle demand. The midnight showings tonight sold out so fast that they posted 3a showings... which were so popular that there are now 6a showings that lead right up to the 9a crowds. Even down here some theaters are going 12a, 3a and 6a and others have up to 12 screens starting between 12:01 and 12:30a.

Malfoy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
I remember when i first heard Ledger would be joker. I just told myself and anyone in earshot, this man can't top Jack. But these previews man, he just might. 8.5 hrs left for me. :)

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Our reviewer (I work for a media company) has been going on about this movie for weeks. Ledger is apparently outstanding as the Joker. Regrettably I didn't get to tag along to the media screening with him....but I shall be sure to get in line as soon as it's released! :D

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
FL
Nicholson was great, but the his portrayal was off. Watching Batman Begins you could see that the cinematography of several scenes was lifted straight from the comics. Ledger's Joker is more in-line and that alone excites me.

But even that aside, I agree... looks like this may actually top Nicholson.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.