Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heatherinbots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Hi folks - new to the forums here but thought somebody out there could help. I have a new Macbook and there's already some greasy looking spots next to the trackpad (from before I got my bluetooth mouse). Any tips for cleaning it? TIA

~ heather

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
70% rubbing alcohol used sparingly. Others prefer Mr. Clean magic erasers; again with sparing liquid. Make sure the computer is off and the battery is out and make sure your cleaning job is dry before booting back up.

richiepad11

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
mr. clean magic eraser!!!

so i went to go buy this magic eraser. i herd it worked but i had to try out for myself to see if it was true. Well first off i had a BSE on my macbook palm rest and the discoloration was bugging me. I took it off, and started to erase!
here is the progress.....

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    412.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    628.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0018.JPG
    IMG_0018.JPG
    652.7 KB · Views: 96

mckyvlle

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2007
London, UK
Hi folks - new to the forums here but thought somebody out there could help. I have a new Macbook and there's already some greasy looking spots next to the trackpad (from before I got my bluetooth mouse). Any tips for cleaning it? TIA

~ heather

Also consider getting one of those palm-guards & trackpad protectors. I got my Moshi a couple of months after getting my MacBook. Just couldn't stand seeing the unsightly marks on the trackpad. :rolleyes:

@richiepad11
Cool wallpaper! That's the same one that I'm using too! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.