Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jun 25, 2008, 02:26 AM   #1
Super Intendo
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Super Intendo
I have an idea for an iPhone App

unfortunately I have zero coding / writing / programing (etc.) experience.

I think its a genuinely good idea but I'm afraid if i just tell everyone about it some developer will make it and charge for it and its something I'd like to be free for everyone.

If there are any (trustworthy) people who have experience writing iPhone apps on here, please private message me, respond here or email me at JustinCouturier@gmail.com.

Only hint I'll give is that it will use GPS.

Thanks!

Last edited by Super Intendo; Jun 25, 2008 at 02:45 AM.
Super Intendo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:55 AM   #2
robbieduncan

Ideas are 10 a penny. Probably even cheaper. All developers out there have more ideas than time to implement them.
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 03:28 PM   #3
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Intendo View Post
I think its a genuinely good idea but I'm afraid if i just tell everyone about it some developer will make it and charge for it and its something I'd like to be free for everyone.
You don't really have to worry. In almost every case if there is a free application there is also a commercial one that does the same thing. What you have to worry about is the other way around. You want to make money so you invest a lot and have something written and then when it comes out 10 other people offer the same thing for free.

If you want to start up a free software project Just do it. Create some mock up of the user interface, write a user manual and make a web site. Get an account on source forge. There are lots of programmers who would work on some cool new idea but what's always lacking is documentation, good web sites and translations to other languages. Get that done and you will be ahead.

So what if some one makes a commercial version. Who'd buy it if your version is free?
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:47 PM   #4
chameleon81
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieduncan View Post
Ideas are 10 a penny. Probably even cheaper. All developers out there have more ideas than time to implement them.
I'm sorry but your argument doesn' t make sense
chameleon81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming