Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richardrj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Hi, sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't figure it out and I can't find any reference to it in the forums already.

On my old iPod I had a most played playlist that reflected the number of times I had played each song on the iPod (not on iTunes). Now I have a new iPod and that playlist doesn't seem to appear. Of course, there is a most played list on iTunes, but most of the time I am not listening to the iPod through iTunes.

I don't sync my iPod automatically with iTunes, I manually manage songs and playlists. So does this mean I have to manually update the iPod with the most played list from iTunes? If so, this is different from the old iPod, which did not require any input from iTunes. And does the most played list on iTunes reflect the number of times I have played a song on the iPod in standalone mode, or only the number of times I have played it through iTunes? Many thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.