Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:44 PM   #1
MrRadich
macrumors newbie

Access windows share from Mac

I have a PC with a shared folder I want to access with my Mac over the wireless.

Just installed Leo last month, and first I had no problem opening the folder, it just pop'ed up in Finder. But now its gone and I have tried to open Finder>GO> Connect to server>PC name, and nothing. If I put a cable in the Mac the drive pops up in Finder just fine.

So it must be something with the wireless settings.

Please help, thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 03:45 PM   #2
MacsRgr8
macrumors 604

Finder >> Go >> Connect to Server.. >> you must type "SMB://<PC-NAME or IP address>"
If you don't type SMB, the Mac will "assume" AFP as this is the default Apple sharing protocol.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking