Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Well, since we only just got Movie Rentals here in the UK, I thought I'd finally give it a shot. My internet started going really slow (got to love Virgin Media) and to watch the movie in SD it was going to be an hour before I could start watching.

So, left it and decided to watch a few TV Shows. I came back to check on the Movie and it started resuming. I take it you can't download a movie in the background while watching TV Shows on the Apple TV?

Anyway, I resumed the download, and then change the TV channel. I decided to check on the download again, and turned the TV to HDMI1. Usual screen flicker etc and then all I saw was the Apple logo, as if the Apple TV had just restarted itself.

There was no record of me renting the movie (the Rented Movies tab had gone), and I didn't fancy trying again.

I need to check if I've been charged for this. Never saw a single second of the movie. Pretty annoyed that it was such a big failure. Considering it was at 12:30 midnight, it isn't as if it was peak times. Damn Virgin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.