Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cfs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I put some videos on my ipod Touch through handbrake and the quality is great. However, is there any way to get the the whole DVD on the touch such as, DVD menu, language selection, alternative endings? When I put my vids on itunes, I only get to see the movie and no cool features.

Thanks In Advance,

cfs

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I don't think there is any way to get the entire DVD on, special features on the disc you could rip separately, but you won't have the menu.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
it's not currently possible to have the entire interface. The best way I can think of (which in my opinion isn't that good at all and not worth the time) is to rip each of the special features then (assuming you have Qucktime Pro or something else similar) combine it into one movie file and add chapter markers at each special feature. Even then, you're missing the menu.

iPhil

macrumors 68040
Hi Everyone,

I put some videos on my ipod Touch through handbrake and the quality is great. However, is there any way to get the the whole DVD on the touch such as, DVD menu, language selection, alternative endings? When I put my vids on itunes, I only get to see the movie and no cool features.

Thanks In Advance,

cfs

You need to do a full dvd rip of said dvds to get the menus etc..

If You do main feature rip only then it's only the movie only ...

Look @ my sig for an app that'll 'rip' the movies that you own then use handbrake to compress the file to iPod format.. :eek:

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
You need to do a full dvd rip of said dvds to get the menus etc..

If You do main feature rip only then it's only the movie only ...

Look @ my sig for an app that'll 'rip' the movies that you own then use handbrake to compress the file to iPod format.. :eek:
Yes, MacTheRipper will get the full DVD off the disc and onto your hard drive, but you cannot put the DVD menus onto your iPod. You'd also have separate files, as the others said, for special features and all that.

You can basically think of it all as a VHS tape: It's just the movie. No menus, no special features, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.