Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Jun 27, 2008, 01:07 PM   #1
holamiamigos
macrumors 6502a

any way to tighten the hinge that holds the macbook screen up?

if you get what i mean... mines a little loose.. its kind of annoying
Old Jun 27, 2008, 02:37 PM   #2
chscag
macrumors 6502

Not without replacing the hinges. Which by the way, is a tedious job. Look here: www.ifixit.com

Regards.
chscag is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 04:11 PM   #3
heatmiser
macrumors 68020

LOL. I ran a search and read half a dozen threads on this last night. Basically, the only true fix looks like a screen/hinge replacement.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 06:52 AM   #4
keny9985
macrumors newbie

heres a screen hinge tightening process which i successuflly tried n recorded...

i had this loose hinge problem since a wile....finally decided to fix it on my own.... checked image descriptions by ifixit... was quite resourceful.... i recorded the process of opening and tightening the hinge...i had to dig into the display panel also since the part of the hinge mounted on the display in my machine had gone loose....so the display assembly had to be disassembled to get to those loose screws.... i quite appreciated the hinge for the fact that it was just a tightening problem and there was nothing wrong with the hinge structure....it was quite nice, strong in built...just the mounting screws had gone loose.... everything was solved by tightening it and now the macbook pro is back to its fabulous nice state.....
posting the link of the recorded process video for refrence if it helps any of u :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DQI0ukUfMs
keny9985 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 09:59 PM   #5
norrismantooth
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to norrismantooth Send a message via Yahoo to norrismantooth Send a message via Skype™ to norrismantooth
Sorry to bust open a 2-year old thread, but this seems to be a wide-spread issue, and it appears the YouTube video has been pulled by EMI for copyright.

Please re-upload the video, minus the copyrighted music (I assume that's what it was). I would love to see this how-to, as I hope to perform this surgery on my 17" Mac Book Pro.
norrismantooth is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook