Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mox123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Chicago
so I'm thinking of upgrading to 4GB RAM for my Penryn MBP....and I'm wondering if i can swap my current two 1GB sticks in a 1.25GHz Powerbook G4 that my friend has? I double-checked and found out that the Powerbook G4 could take in 2GB of RAM max....

I know that the powerbook uses slower RAM and all...but can i put the faster RAM in and the machine would automatically clock them down or something? :confused:

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
so I'm thinking of upgrading to 4GB RAM for my Penryn MBP....and I'm wondering if i can swap my current two 1GB sticks in a 1.25GHz Powerbook G4 that my friend has? I double-checked and found out that the Powerbook G4 could take in 2GB of RAM max....

I know that the powerbook uses slower RAM and all...but can i put the faster RAM in and the machine would automatically clock them down or something? :confused:

No, the DDR2 PC2-5300 RAM is completely different to the DDR PC2700 in the Aluminum Powerbooks

See the MacRumors Guides : Mac Hardware : Buying RAM

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

No. The pb g4 uses single density ram, and the ram from your mb is dual density. Completely different.

Edit: beaten to the punch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.