Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:58 PM   #1
mrat93
macrumors 65816
 
mrat93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via AIM to mrat93
Any good, free ringtone sites out there?

Are there any good sites out there that offer free mp3 ringtones that can easily be opened in Garage Band and imported as a ringtone in iTunes? Thanks.
__________________
iPhone 4S 64gb White
Late 2011 15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz i7, Hi-Res Antiglare
mrat93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:01 PM   #2
elbirth
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North Carolina, US
Send a message via AIM to elbirth
A thread asking this exact same question was made just a little while ago... at least reading the top 10 threads before posting would help...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=508598
elbirth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:05 PM   #3
TsuaSai
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: TX
http://audiko.net/ringtone/en.html
TsuaSai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:13 PM   #4
mrat93
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
mrat93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via AIM to mrat93
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbirth View Post
A thread asking this exact same question was made just a little while ago... at least reading the top 10 threads before posting would help...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=508598
That guy was asking for a guide or something on how to make ringtones.
__________________
iPhone 4S 64gb White
Late 2011 15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz i7, Hi-Res Antiglare
mrat93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:18 PM   #5
wildcardd
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrat93 View Post
Are there any good sites out there that offer free mp3 ringtones that can easily be opened in Garage Band and imported as a ringtone in iTunes? Thanks.
Can't you open any mp3 file in Garage Band and CREATE your own ringtone?

Or are you asking for sites that have free music downloads? I believe that is a violation of the forum rules.
wildcardd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:21 PM   #6
mrat93
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
mrat93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Send a message via AIM to mrat93
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcardd View Post
Or are you asking for sites that have free music downloads? I believe that is a violation of the forum rules.
That's exactly what I'm doing. Mods, by all means, delete.
__________________
iPhone 4S 64gb White
Late 2011 15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz i7, Hi-Res Antiglare
mrat93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:24 PM   #7
wildcardd
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrat93 View Post
That's exactly what I'm doing. Mods, by all means, delete.
I am just trying to understand what you are looking for.

You want ringtones, so you can create ringtones? Can you explain yourself more?
wildcardd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:36 PM   #8
metman787
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
I found the site http://myxer.com which lets you make your own tones or download other tones just for your iphone all you have to do is download it and drag it to itunes. I think its pretty cool and it is free.
metman787 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:02 AM   #9
citron230
macrumors 6502a
 
citron230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcardd View Post
Can't you open any mp3 file in Garage Band and CREATE your own ringtone?
I have tried this and I can't figure it out. Is it any music file or song I have in iTunes?
__________________
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 iPad Air, White 128GB WiFi+LTE (AT&T) iPhone 5S White 64GB
citron230 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:06 AM   #10
elbirth
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North Carolina, US
Send a message via AIM to elbirth
Quote:
Originally Posted by citron230 View Post
I have tried this and I can't figure it out. Is it any music file or song I have in iTunes?
GarageBand, not iTunes. Make a new music project in GarageBand, import the audio of your choice (in this case an MP3) in a new track, edit it however you want, then from the Share menu, choose "Send Ringtone to iTunes"
elbirth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:09 AM   #11
citron230
macrumors 6502a
 
citron230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbirth View Post
GarageBand, not iTunes. Make a new music project in GarageBand, import the audio of your choice (in this case an MP3) in a new track, edit it however you want, then from the Share menu, choose "Send Ringtone to iTunes"
Thank you so much I will give that a try.
__________________
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 iPad Air, White 128GB WiFi+LTE (AT&T) iPhone 5S White 64GB
citron230 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:46 PM   #12
relevant
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to relevant Send a message via Skype™ to relevant
I used http://www.phonezoo.com for my old sprint phone for free.
__________________
White MacBook 2.16 Core 2 Duo 2gb 120gb | iPod 30gb
relevant is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mytones - Ringtone maker & free ringtones download thaidv iPhone and iPod touch Apps 4 Mar 23, 2014 12:14 PM
[FREE] Ringtone Studio :: Easy Create Unlimited Ringtones, Alerts aaron77x iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Mar 7, 2014 10:48 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps