Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:05 PM   #1
julienko3
macrumors regular

Can't Connect to Wireless Airport Network

My roommate has a PC and a wireless router. I can normally connect to it automatically, but every once in a while after I restart my MacBook the connection won't start back up. I know the network name and password, but cannot connect to it. What should I do to connect to it? It's a WPA personal password.

Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2008, 01:34 AM   #2
vasanth4u
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julienko3 View Post
My roommate has a PC and a wireless router. I can normally connect to it automatically, but every once in a while after I restart my MacBook the connection won't start back up. I know the network name and password, but cannot connect to it. What should I do to connect to it? It's a WPA personal password.

Thanks
Hi this is Vasanth here
>>Can you tell me which Router are we taking about .Is it a third party or an apple router
>>IF it is a third party router change the channel and tried to change the Encryption .
>>That may solve
If not explain berifly so that i can help
vasanth4u is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 08:21 AM   #3
julienko3
macrumors regular

It isn't an Apple router. So it must be a third party router? A Linksys.

What is changing the channel and the encryption? Sorry for my ignorance.

What is so weird, is that last night I had to use a ethernet cable because the wireless connection wasn't working, and this morning the network is fine. It will go haywire soon like it always does.

Thanks

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help