|Jul 1, 2008, 02:33 AM||#1|
got a iphone that is locked with a password that i dont know and cannot get.is there any way to get into the phone so it can be unlocked?everytime i try to restore it in itunes it asks for the password and wont let me continue.
|Jul 1, 2008, 01:24 PM||#2|
|Jul 1, 2008, 04:28 PM||#3|
Here are the steps to do a force restore on the iPhone and reset the Passcode lock,
1. Make sure it is unplugged and Turned off
2. Hold the home button while plugging it into your computer. The iPhone should turn on once plugged into the computer.
3. Keep holding the Home button until the Connect to iTunes symbol appears on the iPhone
4. iTunes will say that it has found an iPhone in recovery mode and ask you to restore it.
5. Restore the iPhone by clicking "Restore" under the iPhone tab
6. When it is done with the restore, do NOT Restore this iPhone from a backup, instead Set it up as a "New iPhone"
7. If you dont want to sign it up with AT&T or you dont currently have an iPhone plan, instead of Setting it up a "New iPhone", close iTunes completely and then jailbreak, unlock, and activate the phone using a program called ZiPhone. You can get ZiPhone at "http://www.ziphone.org/"
8. Have fun with your new iPhone
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Password Lock Folder||tikibangout||Mac OS X||41||Jan 4, 2009 11:41 PM|
|Creating a Passworded/Locked Folder||farqueue||Mac Basics and Help||3||Jan 26, 2007 04:15 PM|
|Password Locking the Desktop||kenyabob||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||3||Oct 3, 2003 12:00 AM|
|PowerBook password locked. Help!||crassusad44||Mac Help/Tips||3||May 6, 2003 01:54 AM|
|Password Locking Folders||hugemullens||Mac Help/Tips||6||Feb 8, 2003 02:21 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.