|Jul 1, 2008, 02:33 AM||#1|
got a iphone that is locked with a password that i dont know and cannot get.is there any way to get into the phone so it can be unlocked?everytime i try to restore it in itunes it asks for the password and wont let me continue.
|Jul 1, 2008, 01:24 PM||#2|
|Jul 1, 2008, 04:28 PM||#3|
Here are the steps to do a force restore on the iPhone and reset the Passcode lock,
1. Make sure it is unplugged and Turned off
2. Hold the home button while plugging it into your computer. The iPhone should turn on once plugged into the computer.
3. Keep holding the Home button until the Connect to iTunes symbol appears on the iPhone
4. iTunes will say that it has found an iPhone in recovery mode and ask you to restore it.
5. Restore the iPhone by clicking "Restore" under the iPhone tab
6. When it is done with the restore, do NOT Restore this iPhone from a backup, instead Set it up as a "New iPhone"
7. If you dont want to sign it up with AT&T or you dont currently have an iPhone plan, instead of Setting it up a "New iPhone", close iTunes completely and then jailbreak, unlock, and activate the phone using a program called ZiPhone. You can get ZiPhone at "http://www.ziphone.org/"
8. Have fun with your new iPhone
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2011 MBP 2.4ghz i5 EFI BIOS Password Locked: Update||Voca||MacBook Pro||2||Dec 1, 2013 11:00 PM|
|iPhone with password was locked||zvezdochots||iPhone||3||Oct 23, 2013 06:13 AM|
|Locked and non-locked apps||Retired Cat||iOS 7||1||Jul 15, 2013 03:18 AM|
|Password-locked iPhone: how safe is data on lost iPhone||katewes||iOS 6||3||Dec 31, 2012 03:54 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.