Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

didn't really say much just that they will be back in touch before 11th July.
And I also noticed it was a standard text probably sent to everyone who registered interest. Nothing about upgrading.
I was excited for a whole 10 seconds!!!!!!!!!

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Also received mine a few minutes back…

As promised we are writing to keep you updated on the next steps to gettng iPhone 3G.
…
We will be writing to you again before the 11th with details about how to place your order…

We expect high demand… so orders will be processed on a first come first served basis so that we can be fair to all our customers. Orders will be limited to one iPhone 3G per customer.
…
etc.
No new news at all. :eek:

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
so do they know what happening and are leaving us hanging on or do they not have a clue and trying to fob us off with a text that basically tells us nothing:rolleyes::mad::confused:

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
so do they know what happening and are leaving us hanging on or do they not have a clue and trying to fob us off with a text that basically tells us nothing:rolleyes::mad::confused:

As there are a few other threads about people getting advice from O2 (e.g. arranging a simplicity contract and upgrading on the 11th to an iPhone) about this, I'm guessing they do... they just don't want us to know!

dgwb

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2008
Got the same text thought wohoo here we go best get down to O2 and spend.
But as said the text tells you nothing then my phone rang with a number that i do not know and initial thoughts were it's O2 saying i have the golden ticket like in Willy Wonker but it was somebody trying to sell insurance.
so the wait continues.

sjw

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
Where's my text O2? :mad: Feeling left out of this exclusive little club...

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
mine was at 14.36:D:D
to get serious for a minute sneeks has made a valid point. How are they going to work this when we get to order the phone???
did anyone get there text before 14.36??? not sure if it matters but I had my phone activated by 19.30 on launch night.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
Got mine too. Well, is that what we've been waiting until 'early July' for :rolleyes:;):D Still, I'm hoping that I can still get mine on launch day or thereabouts...

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
I just phoned O2 and pretended I didn't know what the text was about and that I deleted it by mistake. He told me what the text was and I couldn't get much more info out of him.

He did say that, as an existing iPhone customer I could go into a store on the 11th and get one. I asked him and got him to confirm a few times and he said I definitely could do that.

The "first come, first served" bit has got me a bit panicky now that I might not be able to get one if there are long queues :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.