Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helloadam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Cumming GA
Cool video, super lame though. Haha. My mom will be glad to hear that she can get the iphone now (i'm not sure she'll want to pay 400 bucks for it though).

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
I don't get companies which still require fees for activation. By theory, they would want as many people as possible to upgrade to that handset, and yet they slap a charge on top of the line rental, and price of the handset, just to activate it on their own service?

I'm glad the UK and it's mobile operators ditched this way of thinking
a long time ago.

R-Fly

agirton

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
$18 ACTIVATION FEE?! That's it, I'm getting the Instinct! :D

Come on for 18 dollars your buying a phone that is a wannabe iphone? Screen and buttons don't even look close to as good as the iphone and the app development for the iphone alone sets it apart. Obviously you were not really planning on buying it if 18 bucks is deal breaker.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
Come on for 18 dollars your buying a phone that is a wannabe iphone? Screen and buttons don't even look close to as good as the iphone and the app development for the iphone alone sets it apart. Obviously you were not really planning on buying it if 18 bucks is deal breaker.

Obviously you missed the smiley face... and BTW, it's a $36 activation fee for those of us who aren't current AT&T customers :(

Maxington

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2007
Oshkosh, WI
I wonder how many people who fail the pre-credit check will then not purchase an iPhone 3G...

Personally I have no concerns about my credit but I wonder what the cutoff is for requiring a deposit or what is considered bad credit?

maxxscholten

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2008

Sorry, I thought my sarcasm was obvious :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.