Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I feel pretty confident that I can keep my anytime usage under 450.(fingers crossed for VOIP) I plan on getting unlimited text cause I text more than I talk. The 3g will be my first iphone and first at&t contract.

Does the phone or at&t website keep track of my minutes? so that I can keep from going over.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I feel pretty confident that I can keep my anytime usage under 450.(fingers crossed for VOIP) I plan on getting unlimited text cause I text more than I talk. The 3g will be my first iphone and first at&t contract.

Does the phone or at&t website keep track of my minutes? so that I can keep from going over.

Do the *646# SMS (also available in the Settings) or you can look at stuff on the AT&T Web site through your account. The star feature is much easier and it's free. It's technically *MIN# (minutes), and you can also do *BAL# (balance) and a couple of others.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
at&t has an app in the app store that allows you to track minutes, data, etc. I use it to keep track of my family plan.

Edit: Didn't realize this was a zombie thread.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Bear in mind: if you get the unlimited texting plan, then you can get unlimited calling to any US mobile phone (regardless of network) included at no additional charge. Plus, you'll have 1500 night/weekend minutes.

I text more than I talk, but I still use about 1,000 minutes a month. Even so, I'm on the 450 minute plan because 90% of my calls are to other cell numbers. So, not only am I still well within the plan, but I'm even backing hundreds of rollover minutes every month.

Those rollover minutes can come in handy by the way. Once I did have to set up a lengthy conference call for work with 4 other phone lines, and the easiest way to do it ended up being on my iPhone (which on AT&T can conference up to 5 people in a call at once). That month I did blow away my 450 minutes, but I had thousands of rollover minutes that easily covered the overage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.