Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:45 PM   #1
kukheart
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to kukheart Send a message via Yahoo to kukheart
Battery Life on Powerbook

I have no idea why but over the past two weeks or so i have noticed that my powerbook 1.5GHZ 1GB RAM has been losing a lot of battery life. I get it FULLY charged then unplug it and it says i have roughly 1 hour and 20 minutes left. My laptop is 4 years old, I'ts not a relic, it does everything i need it to do and I still love it, but I have no idea what brought this stinking battery life issue on, any help at all? I always hit better battery life at the top. Is there any way i can check the condition of the battery? I can't afford a Macbook Pro...yet.... thanks
Old Jul 2, 2008, 07:55 AM   #2
zakatov
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to zakatov
Download Coconut Battery and see how much capacity remains in the battery. If it's below let's say 50-60%, you should probably get a new one.
zakatov is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 07:57 AM   #3
masse
macrumors 6502a

When I replaced the battery in my powerbook my battery life went from 1hours to 4.5 hours... And now its back down around 3.5...

I got a new battery for $40 on ebay. I recommend doing something similar.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 01:31 PM   #4
techster85
macrumors regular

Could it be the cycles of the battery? My battery was replaced by the recall a couple years ago, so I have not point of reference to help you, but I think it might be time for a new battery.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs