Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jul 2, 2008, 04:59 PM   #1
BaronVonFlapJac
macrumors newbie

How do you combine 2 disc movies into one file?

Im using Handbrake to rip my DVD's them dropping them into iTunes for my Apple TV. How do I combine 2 disc movies, like the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions, so that they are one file instead of 2? Do I need to do some editing with Quicktime to combine the 2 different files into one big movie file?

Thanks

The Baron
BaronVonFlapJac is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2008, 05:15 PM   #2
mallbritton
macrumors 6502

This thread on the Handbrake forums will tell you everything you need to know.

Regards,
Michael
mallbritton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2011, 05:44 PM   #3
TheRealMcCoy
macrumors newbie

What if you don't have the files on a disk and there on your harddrive... How would you merge the 2 titles then?...
TheRealMcCoy is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:11 AM   #4
spice weasel
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy View Post
What if you don't have the files on a disk and there on your harddrive... How would you merge the 2 titles then?...
It depends on what version of OS X you are using. If you are running Lion, then just open the first file in Quicktime and then drag the second file onto it. Then save the new version.

If you have Leopard or Snow Leopard, then you need Quicktime Pro. In that case, open the second movie and select all and then copy. Then open the first movie, scrub to the end, and paste. Save as a new file. Conversely, you can open the first movie and select all and copy, and then paste it at the front of the second movie. Same difference.
spice weasel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:27 AM   #5
harpster
macrumors regular

I use MakeMKV to join DVD disks together for movies that are one more than one disk. Of course you end up with a mkv file (H.264 container).
harpster is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater