Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
I know that a lot of people are not happy with the fact that the new plan doesnt include any SMS... but for me even on the previous iPhone plan, 200 wasnt enough so I've had this on my account for the past year.

I believe this will only work for Premier members, perhaps even on a consumer plan, but call up AT&T CSR and ask them to put B2B1500 on your account. Its a 1500 SMS Plan for only $8.99.

I hope this works for you guys.

Bosox3

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
I know that a lot of people are not happy with the fact that the new plan doesnt include any SMS... but for me even on the previous iPhone plan, 200 wasnt enough so I've had this on my account for the past year.

I believe this will only work for Premier members, perhaps even on a consumer plan, but call up AT&T CSR and ask them to put B2B1500 on your account. Its a 1500 SMS Plan for only $8.99.

I hope this works for you guys.

wow, NICE!
I forgot to check on this. I went to my companies att premier account and I did find out that I have 20% off the bill and Free phone activation. I hope this also aplies to the Iphone...which it should.
If thats SMS deal is also available..This Iphone deal isnt as bad as I first thought.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
wow, NICE!
I forgot to check on this. I went to my companies att premier account and I did find out that I have 20% off the bill and Free phone activation. I hope this also aplies to the Iphone...which it should.
If thats SMS deal is also available..This Iphone deal isnt as bad as I first thought.

its a feature code and I'm current using it on the iPhone and it will work on the new iPhone plan as well.

It will be available to you and if the first CSR doesnt know what the code is, just hang up and call again.

Will this work for an iPhone 3G line that is one of the auxiliary lines on a family plan?

Yes it will.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Awesome. You think they'll ask me how I know if it, or if I'm a certain type of member or anything?

EDIT: What I'm referring to is when you said

Am I on a premier plan now, or has this info changed?

they wont ask you where you got the code but if they do, tell then that your employer's HR department gave you the info and that your colleagues have this as well.

I dont know if your on a premier plan or not. The simplest way to find out is call at&t and when you punch in your number, you should heard, "You've reached Business Customer Care..."

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
they wont ask you where you got the code but if they do, tell then that your employer's HR department gave you the info and that your colleagues have this as well.

I dont know if your on a premier plan or not. The simplest way to find out is call at&t and when you punch in your number, you should heard, "You've reached Business Customer Care..."

I don't get cell phone service through the company I work for.

I am on a Family Plan. I mean, I'll try, but do you think they'll automatically reject the request because it isn't business? Thanks for the info though, I'll certaintly try it. It's a savings of $100 per year, it's worth a call.

BINXER

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008
Tried twice. The first CSR didn't know anything about it. The second CSR had no idea what it was, put me on hold, then said it was an expired code, so they couldn't add it. Looks like no cheap SMS for me :(

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Turns out I have a FAN number through my university.

I guess I'll somehow try to "apply it" to my current family plan to get my line a discount? I don't know if that's how it works, any confirmation?

And from there, it seems like we need an updated code for that texting plan...

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Sweet!!! I'm seeing more reasons to feel ok about paying the extra $100/mo to att for having iphones (compared to sprint SERO).

Thanks. Can anyone confirm this? especially doing it now?

HyQuality

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
NYC
I called AT&T premier CS last week and I asked the rep a few questions (I should mention that she had NO IDEA that the AT&T stores would be open at 8am, details about the calling/texting plans, etc. I was basically educating her on the iphone 3g launch using their own website).

Anyway, she said that this discount code is called a SOC code and can easily be added onto the account at any time. She also said that even the Apple store reps should be able to add it onto the account at time of activation. She didn't actually CHECK to see if this code is still good or not, however.

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
I keep saying this just forget the SMS prices and register with Teleflip and text for FREE. that right FREE. How many time do I have to say it.

HyQuality

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
NYC
I keep saying this just forget the SMS prices and register with Teleflip and text for FREE. that right FREE. How many time do I have to say it.

What is teleflip? I can't access their site from work because it's blocked. Brief synopsis?

GotMac?

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
From the teleflip site:

EDIT I had wrong info....basically you will use your email client to send and receive text messages.

Teleflip™ started when the founder became increasingly frustrated at his inability to send text messages to friends’ cell phones from his PC. It was of course possible, but you had to know the cell phone provider, the correct domain name and the correct syntax for the email address. There had to be an easier way….Teleflip™ was born.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.