Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jul 4, 2008, 04:39 PM   #1
creaturenex
macrumors newbie

EyeTV and HD

Hello all,

I just got paid and I am trying to buy an eyeTv product for my iMac I wanted to watch cable from the dorm so all I have is a coaxial cable for imput, does the eyetv 250 plus have an attachment for that? I can't seem to see a connector on it. I like that it has the software included. But if it does not have the connector would the hybrid be my only choice? How does it compare to the hybrid for those who know? Also I want to buy an external HD. I'm looking at WD My book studio edition 1TB. Its cheaper on amazon.com would you recommend buying it from there or another source?
creaturenex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2008, 04:48 PM   #2
Cave Man
macrumors 604

Location: Neander Valley, Germany; just outside of Duesseldorf
The Eye TV Hybrid has a coax cable connector. I have an over-the-air antenna so I cannot comment on its performance with a cable company; however, the setup process asks if you have cable and/or antenna.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:50 AM   #3
mtfield
macrumors 6502

yes the 250 plus has a coax cable input so you will be fine there... I too am looking into this set up for school.. I have been going back and forth a lot on this subject if i should get the hybrid or the 250+ does anyone have any experience with comparing these too? If the system is going to get moderate to heavy use would the plus be better?
mtfield is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater