Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15, 2002, 01:48 AM   #1
mac15
macrumors 68040
 
mac15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sydney
Send a message via AIM to mac15
new avatar

its kinda crap....but it has a very important message in it
If you can't pic it up, I'll tell you
It means GO mac15 hehe
__________________
Check out my guiKitting at the theflanneleffect
mac15 is offline   0
Old May 15, 2002, 02:02 AM   #2
Beej
macrumors 68020
 
Beej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Buffy's bedroom
Send a message via ICQ to Beej
Uh, WTF? Why?

And what's with the bottom right, with the whacky pixels?
__________________
Hardcore newborn. (Thanks to mcrain for the idea)
"You're a lot smarter than you look. Of course, you look like a retard..."
Beej is offline   0
Old May 15, 2002, 02:37 AM   #3
Ensign Paris
macrumors 68000
 
Ensign Paris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Europe
I am sure it makes sense 2 u because it makes no sense to me

Ensign
Ensign Paris is offline   0
Old May 15, 2002, 06:17 AM   #4
mac15
Thread Starter
macrumors 68040
 
mac15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sydney
Send a message via AIM to mac15
sorry.....It was made in appleworks in about 2 mins
My next will have a little effort behind it...I'm just lazy
I just a self promo thats all
__________________
Check out my guiKitting at the theflanneleffect
mac15 is offline   0
Old May 15, 2002, 06:38 AM   #5
Beej
macrumors 68020
 
Beej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Buffy's bedroom
Send a message via ICQ to Beej
Quote:
Originally posted by mac15
I just a self promo thats all
You go girl... uh... boy!
__________________
Hardcore newborn. (Thanks to mcrain for the idea)
"You're a lot smarter than you look. Of course, you look like a retard..."
Beej is offline   0
Old May 15, 2002, 07:31 AM   #6
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus
 
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
Re: new avatar

Quote:
Originally posted by mac15
its kinda crap....but it has a very important message in it
If you can't pic it up, I'll tell you
It means GO mac15 hehe
Where are you going?

So I know you have Image Ready, why not do something a little more subtle, its almost as bad as mymemmory's.
__________________
"Klaatu varada nikto!"
Mr. Anderson is offline   0
Old May 16, 2002, 10:14 PM   #7
cleo
macrumors 65816
 
cleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Florida, USA
Are you flicking me off?

Just wait till I have my 'tar, I'll show you!
cleo is offline   0
Old May 16, 2002, 10:19 PM   #8
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus
 
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
Quote:
Originally posted by cleo
Are you flicking me off?

Just wait till I have my 'tar, I'll show you!
I can't wait to see what you have in store for us all


But you should know mac15 has changed his tar since he first posted this thread, so it doesn't really make much sense with his skate board dude.
__________________
"Klaatu varada nikto!"
Mr. Anderson is offline   0
Old May 16, 2002, 10:20 PM   #9
jelloshotsrule
macrumors 601
 
jelloshotsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: serendipity
i was wondering...... his current one (skateboard) doesn't seem to deserve all the bad comments he got... ha

it may not look great, but it's pretty creative and original, more than i can say for myself..

the old one just said "go mac15" or something eh?

to each his/her own...

cleo's should be nader eating a veggie dog. or something... haha
__________________
until the last lock breaks, none of us are free
jelloshotsrule is offline   0
Old May 16, 2002, 10:27 PM   #10
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus
 
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
Quote:
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

cleo's should be nader eating a veggie dog. or something... haha
Ha, with the green catchup! Its doable actually. After going through B2TM's iMac 'tar, I know I can get away with a lot more. I might not even go 3D on my next one either.

Just got to get the right concept/idea.
__________________
"Klaatu varada nikto!"
Mr. Anderson is offline   0
Old May 16, 2002, 10:38 PM   #11
Beej
macrumors 68020
 
Beej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Buffy's bedroom
Send a message via ICQ to Beej
Can't wait to see what you have in store for us Cleo!

And mac15, I love your new 'tar. I think it rocks!
__________________
Hardcore newborn. (Thanks to mcrain for the idea)
"You're a lot smarter than you look. Of course, you look like a retard..."
Beej is offline   0
Old May 16, 2002, 10:39 PM   #12
jelloshotsrule
macrumors 601
 
jelloshotsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: serendipity
Quote:
Originally posted by dukestreet


Ha, with the green catchup! Its doable actually. After going through B2TM's iMac 'tar, I know I can get away with a lot more. I might not even go 3D on my next one either.

Just got to get the right concept/idea.
oh man, the green... would be perfect. good old heinz. what a dumb idea but hey, it fits perfectly for cleo... i see like 3 stages...

nader looking at the dog, nader biting, then smiling big holding it up proudly... haha. that'd rule.
__________________
until the last lock breaks, none of us are free
jelloshotsrule is offline   0
Old May 16, 2002, 10:49 PM   #13
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus
 
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
Quote:
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule


oh man, the green... would be perfect. good old heinz. what a dumb idea but hey, it fits perfectly for cleo... i see like 3 stages...

nader looking at the dog, nader biting, then smiling big holding it up proudly... haha. that'd rule.
Better yet, Nader picking up the bottle and squirting the green catchup on the dog
__________________
"Klaatu varada nikto!"
Mr. Anderson is offline   0
Old May 16, 2002, 10:55 PM   #14
jelloshotsrule
macrumors 601
 
jelloshotsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: serendipity
yeah, i thought of that. would be tougher i think. but could certainly work.

once cleo signs off i wouldn't mind hopping on board this particular avatar ship... of course she has a ways to go if i remember correctly. like 100+
__________________
until the last lock breaks, none of us are free
jelloshotsrule is offline   0
Old May 17, 2002, 04:08 AM   #15
Ensign Paris
macrumors 68000
 
Ensign Paris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Europe
Like the skating 'tar, I will hav to show my friends, they will love it. Nice job on the new 'Tar

Ensign
Ensign Paris is offline   0
Old May 17, 2002, 11:06 AM   #16
eyelikeart
Moderator emeritus
 
eyelikeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Metairie, LA
I'm way late on this one...

but don't worry about anyone Mac15...

I think it's cool...simple...expressive...and I like the style too...very childlike/minimalist...
eyelikeart is offline   0
Old May 17, 2002, 11:58 AM   #17
mcrain
Banned
 
mcrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
Hey Duke,

Eyelikeart's eye could be made 3-d with a mac on the inside that you can see through the lens.
mcrain is offline   0
Old May 17, 2002, 12:25 PM   #18
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus
 
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
Quote:
Originally posted by mcrain
Hey Duke,

Eyelikeart's eye could be made 3-d with a mac on the inside that you can see through the lens.
Which mac? Its going to be a tight fit to get the image resolution/recognition you need for that, but it might be worth playing with. I'll see what happens when he sends me his pics.
__________________
"Klaatu varada nikto!"
Mr. Anderson is offline   0
Old May 17, 2002, 01:11 PM   #19
eyelikeart
Moderator emeritus
 
eyelikeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Metairie, LA
Quote:
Originally posted by dukestreet


Which mac? Its going to be a tight fit to get the image resolution/recognition you need for that, but it might be worth playing with. I'll see what happens when he sends me his pics.
after reading the last post u made in reference to my new avatar...I'm assuming the Apple logo is what mcrain meant?
eyelikeart is offline   0
Old May 17, 2002, 01:15 PM   #20
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus
 
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
Quote:
Originally posted by eyelikeart


after reading the last post u made in reference to my new avatar...I'm assuming the Apple logo is what mcrain meant?
No I got the impression it was an apple mac of some sort, which would be hard to do given the size limitations of the avatar. Sort of a Mac in the back of your eye. A great idea, actually. Might look good on the large res version.

Oh, I'll clean up the image as well, so don't worry about missplace eyebrow hair and such. Use visine if you need to, it would be a pain to have to redo the whole eye to get rid of all the blood vessels. Oh, and don't use flashes, and keep the light sources out of the reflections in you eye. Should be too difficult.

Thanks,

D
__________________
"Klaatu varada nikto!"
Mr. Anderson is offline   0
Old May 17, 2002, 01:47 PM   #21
eyelikeart
Moderator emeritus
 
eyelikeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Metairie, LA
Quote:
Originally posted by dukestreet


No I got the impression it was an apple mac of some sort, which would be hard to do given the size limitations of the avatar. Sort of a Mac in the back of your eye. A great idea, actually. Might look good on the large res version.

Oh, I'll clean up the image as well, so don't worry about missplace eyebrow hair and such. Use visine if you need to, it would be a pain to have to redo the whole eye to get rid of all the blood vessels. Oh, and don't use flashes, and keep the light sources out of the reflections in you eye. Should be too difficult.

Thanks,

D
cool....I'll make note of it...he he he....

now I'm getting excited all over again!!!
eyelikeart is offline   0
Old May 17, 2002, 01:53 PM   #22
mcrain
Banned
 
mcrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Illinois
You were talking about doing a 3-D sort of avatar. The pix as described in the other thread would be 2d. I really like the idea of a moving eye with an apple shaped pupil, but that's not what I meant.

What I was envisioning was a 3-d modeled eye that starts away from the "camera" so that it fits inside the 50x50 limitations. It then moves toward the camera and gets bigger and bigger so that it does not fit inside the square, while the camera remains centered on the lens/black part of the eye. As it gets closer, you see revolving in teh center of the eye, an imac or tibook or maybe a powermac. The image could then run in reverse to go back to the eye's starting position.

Something along those lines would give you a real 3-d animation, and may be possible given the number of frames you have to work with.
mcrain is offline   0
Old May 17, 2002, 01:59 PM   #23
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus
 
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
Quote:
Originally posted by mcrain
Something along those lines would give you a real 3-d animation, and may be possible given the number of frames you have to work with.
Ah, yeah, that would work. A lot of motion (increases the file size), but once in the eye, it would be all black, so it might work. Again, that could be done with 2D as well. I'll play around with it once I get the pics from eye.

Thanks.
__________________
"Klaatu varada nikto!"
Mr. Anderson is offline   0
Old May 17, 2002, 01:59 PM   #24
cleo
macrumors 65816
 
cleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
yeah, i thought of that. would be tougher i think. but could certainly work.

once cleo signs off i wouldn't mind hopping on board this particular avatar ship... of course she has a ways to go if i remember correctly. like 100+

LOL. I like the Nader-eating-the-green-ketchup idea. But my first 'tar is going to be made by me and me alone. Actually, I was playing around the other day on the Windows machine and came up with some decent... but I'll redo it when Photoshop arrives (hopefully today!!!).

Did you know they're making purple ketchup now too?
cleo is offline   0
Old May 17, 2002, 02:03 PM   #25
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus
 
Mr. Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: VA
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
Quote:
Originally posted by cleo

Did you know they're making purple ketchup now too?
Next they'll be holding seminars on how to paint with ketchup, if they just get a few more colors, blue, white, black, you'd be able to mix to get any shade you'd like. Imagine the first artist to get a painting made with ketchup hung in a museum...


Go ahead, laugh, it could very well happen.
__________________
"Klaatu varada nikto!"
Mr. Anderson is offline   0


 
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FREE] Make Avatar! Play Papercraft! new iOS App "Story Maker" Released! excepter iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Mar 26, 2011 01:33 AM
Proposals For A New Avatar wdlove Community 51 Mar 21, 2004 05:09 PM
New Avatar For BacktoTheMac Mr. Anderson Community 71 May 17, 2002 08:59 PM
New Avatar Ensign Paris General Mac Discussion 23 May 6, 2002 09:33 AM
my new avatar! jefhatfield General Mac Discussion 46 May 3, 2002 07:28 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC