Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nightdawg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Greetings everyone!

I am sure this is a common question. I want itunes to go find some song titles that are unlabeled in my collection. Is this possible? How do I do it?

Thanks A Ton!

RITZFit

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Just around the river bend
I think that most itunes can do is find titles for inserted cds and album covers for pre-identified songs. You might have to go through and manually name/ identify everything thats already in your library

J

jmadlena

I'm pretty sure that you can just highlight the album you want to lookup, then click Advanced > Get CD Track Names.

I am using Mac OS X, by the way. I assume it is the same on Windows as well.

doobi18

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Gracenote CDDB only works for tracks that you imported from CD yourself into iTunes, not for ones you have aquired by, ah, hem "other means".

Don't know which you were after, but if it is for the track that you didn't import from CD, I think there are shareware solutions to your problem, try Versiontracker.

J

jmadlena

Gracenote CDDB only works for tracks that you imported from CD yourself into iTunes, not for ones you have aquired by, ah, hem "other means".

Don't know which you were after, but if it is for the track that you didn't import from CD, I think there are shareware solutions to your problem, try Versiontracker.

I thought that the Gracenote database compares the songs lengths and number of tracks to the database to find the album info. Wouldn't this still work with any complete album, whether legal or illegally required?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

not the way iTunes does it. I'm sure the database would be able to look of up, buy iTunes will only allow you to do it if you imported the CD to iTunes from a CD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.