Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 4, 2008, 11:52 PM   #1
nightdawg
macrumors newbie

How can I make Itunes go online to find song titles?

Greetings everyone!

I am sure this is a common question. I want itunes to go find some song titles that are unlabeled in my collection. Is this possible? How do I do it?

Thanks A Ton!
nightdawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:16 AM   #2
RITZFit
macrumors 65816

I think that most itunes can do is find titles for inserted cds and album covers for pre-identified songs. You might have to go through and manually name/ identify everything thats already in your library
Old Jul 5, 2008, 12:27 AM   #3
jmadlena

I'm pretty sure that you can just highlight the album you want to lookup, then click Advanced > Get CD Track Names.

I am using Mac OS X, by the way. I assume it is the same on Windows as well.
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 02:11 AM   #4
doobi18
macrumors 6502

Gracenote CDDB only works for tracks that you imported from CD yourself into iTunes, not for ones you have aquired by, ah, hem "other means".

Don't know which you were after, but if it is for the track that you didn't import from CD, I think there are shareware solutions to your problem, try Versiontracker.
doobi18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2008, 01:15 AM   #5
jmadlena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobi18 View Post
Gracenote CDDB only works for tracks that you imported from CD yourself into iTunes, not for ones you have aquired by, ah, hem "other means".

Don't know which you were after, but if it is for the track that you didn't import from CD, I think there are shareware solutions to your problem, try Versiontracker.
I thought that the Gracenote database compares the songs lengths and number of tracks to the database to find the album info. Wouldn't this still work with any complete album, whether legal or illegally required?
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2008, 01:34 AM   #6
TuffLuffJimmy
macrumors G3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

not the way iTunes does it. I'm sure the database would be able to look of up, buy iTunes will only allow you to do it if you imported the CD to iTunes from a CD.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store