Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:55 AM   #1
Apple309
macrumors newbie

Exclamation When I connect to WiFi, I get "Unable to Connect to Network" message

Hey, a couple of days ago, my iPod Touch (8GB), froze up on me, nothing worked, so I was forced to restore it through iTunes. It was fine, and I synced all my music right back on it. My only problem, is that the WiFi refuses to work. I know it is not the router, as it used to connect to this internet, and the router works fine for my laptop. I also know it is not the router because the same message pops up for every network I try to connect to. The message is "Unable to Connect to Network '(Network Name)'" I have tried reseting the network settings, and I have wiped out (restored through iTunes) my iPod multiple times. I'm not sure what to do, and I thank you in advance for any advise you may give me.

Thanks again
-Apple309
Apple309 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:27 PM   #2
shmeargan21
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple309 View Post
Hey, a couple of days ago, my iPod Touch (8GB), froze up on me, nothing worked, so I was forced to restore it through iTunes. It was fine, and I synced all my music right back on it. My only problem, is that the WiFi refuses to work. I know it is not the router, as it used to connect to this internet, and the router works fine for my laptop. I also know it is not the router because the same message pops up for every network I try to connect to. The message is "Unable to Connect to Network '(Network Name)'" I have tried reseting the network settings, and I have wiped out (restored through iTunes) my iPod multiple times. I'm not sure what to do, and I thank you in advance for any advise you may give me.

Thanks again
-Apple309
Alright try this...
Unplug your internet modem ( dont plaug back in yet after you do that)
Now completley turn off your ipod touch
Now plug your internet modem back in
When your internet light comes on.
shmeargan21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:39 PM   #3
Apple309
macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for replying to my question, but I tried the modem thing you suggested, and still no luck .
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:45 PM   #4
marold280
macrumors 6502

hi, i had the exact same problem with mine. the thing is though. will it connect to other wifi networks other than yours ?
when mine broke. i wouldn't connect to anything.
if it doesn't then ring apple support. they told me to send it in. and after about 2 days they sent me a brand new one. which was nice !
hope that helps
Old Jul 7, 2008, 02:04 PM   #5
Apple309
macrumors newbie

Yeah

Yeah, sounds like the same problem, I've had mine since January though, you think I'll still be able to get a replacement?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 02:07 PM   #6
marold280
macrumors 6502

well i have no idea really. ring them and explain the problem. and they will ask for your serial number. if you cant then you cant, but if you can then i think you should get a new one sent for you!
i think the number is in the support page of apple.com
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:48 AM   #7
Apple309
macrumors newbie

Thank You

Thank you again for your reply, I think I'm going to call them today and see.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 09:38 PM   #8
JAT
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple309 View Post
Yeah, sounds like the same problem, I've had mine since January though, you think I'll still be able to get a replacement?
You have 1 year of warranty time. If it is broke, they'll fix or replace it.
JAT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:17 PM   #9
alex100
macrumors newbie

Smile Reset network Settings.

try resetting network Settings. On your ipod go SETTINGS - GENERAL - RESET - RESET NETWORK SETTINGS It did the trick for me. your ipod will switch off. You may see a loading screen. When you go back in try and connect again as normal.
alex100 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:14 PM   #10
butcherz
macrumors newbie

Smile This might Help you.

Unplugged or loose network cables are easy to miss yet one of the most common reasons you might suddenly find yourself unable to connect to the Internet. That's not a problem on wireless networks, but on most laptops the Wi-Fi radio can be inadvertently shut off instead. On home networks, it's also possible someone unplugged the router. I have encountered the same issues but and I have searched many sites this one helped me http://www.techyv.com/questions/unab...t-wifi-network. Hope it will help you. Good luck
butcherz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch