Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Numerous readers have reported that Apple's iPhone 3G commercial has begun appearing on a wide variety of U.S. television stations. The commercial, entitled Hallway, debuted during Steve Jobs' keynote speech at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference on June 9th and was posted to Apple's site soon after. However, the commercial has remained conspicuously absent from television broadcasts until now.

224245-hallway.png

The iPhone 3G launches this Friday in approximately 20 countries, with an additional 50 countries scheduled to begin offering the new iPhone later this year.

Article Link

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
Saw it on ESPN during baseball tonight.

Anyways, surprised there was no date at the end to remind people its this friday.

iMosaic

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
I was just thinking earlier that I haven't seen any commercials for the new iPhone on the tube. They played a lot more on the first version. :apple:

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
I saw it earlier today on Comedy Central. Is the Instinct going to have to stop showing their Instinct vs iPhone ads once the 3G iPhone is released? How can they continue to compare it to a phone that is no longer available?

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
They played it during a Futurama re-run on Comedy Central tonight. I had forgotten how the commercial went, so when I heard "better than the iPhone" I looked up and was ready to give the TV the finger. :)

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Jay Leno NBC Tonight Show!!

Just played during Jay Leno on NBC here in Phoenix, AZ. It was during the first commercial break after opening.

Edmar

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2007
Chicago IL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I saw while watching the Twins/Red Sox game on ESPN last night

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.