Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teiresias

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
So I hadn't really paid much attention to the web-based calendar for MobileMe until I looked at the short video on the Apple website today. I have to say, it looks more functional than iCal does, which seems somewhat ludicrous. I mean, it looks like it's much easier to view events in monthly view and alot easier to add events as well - ie. click and drag to set duration, and the squares for each day are large enough that you can actually read event details.

Anyone have any idea whether they're going to change the iCal interface? I mean, I suppose one could simply do all the calendaring via the web interface, but that sort of seems to defeat the purpose of the desktop application.

teiresias

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Yeah, just realized that. I don't frequently use anything but a monthly calendar view, so wasn't aware of that when I first posted. Still, the monthly view is far from optimal, IMO. Particularly when you're trying to get information about an event you're looking at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.