Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbond007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Hi,

I'm new at this forum stuff.

I recently re-installed my imac OSX and since then itunes have been a bit messed up.

I have the latest version of itune installed and everything works fine, except that it wont show RINGTONES, on the top left side on itunes...under Podcast, Radio etc.

When i synced my iphone it deleted the previous ringtones from iphone and i am unable to put any new ones on the phone, because the RINGTONES folder does not exist for me to drag and drop the . mr4 file.

Any idea what, i can do to make RINGTONES appear again on itunes.

thanks,

jbond007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Yea, its itunes 7.6.2 (9), the latest one i downloaded from the apple site.

its a bit confusing, cus i don't see the tab anymore. I've even installed itunes on the XP side of the Parallel and its the same... it wont show the Ringtones tab. When i look at my iPhone the sync option is checked but still.

ZXDan

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2011
Hi,

I'm new at this forum stuff.

I recently re-installed my imac OSX and since then itunes have been a bit messed up.

I have the latest version of itune installed and everything works fine, except that it wont show RINGTONES, on the top left side on itunes...under Podcast, Radio etc.

When i synced my iphone it deleted the previous ringtones from iphone and i am unable to put any new ones on the phone, because the RINGTONES folder does not exist for me to drag and drop the . mr4 file.

Any idea what, i can do to make RINGTONES appear again on itunes.

thanks,

Yeah... I have the same problem... Ringtones folder disappeared and even a major restore won't bring it back...

any help would be sincerely appreciated...

on my old sony-ericsson the whoel custom ringtone making was way much easier... and you could have more than one custom ringtone at a time... c'mon apple...? get with it...!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.