Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:34 PM   #1
jbond007
macrumors newbie

RINGTONES folder wont show on itunes for my iphone

Hi,

I'm new at this forum stuff.

I recently re-installed my imac OSX and since then itunes have been a bit messed up.

I have the latest version of itune installed and everything works fine, except that it wont show RINGTONES, on the top left side on itunes...under Podcast, Radio etc.

When i synced my iphone it deleted the previous ringtones from iphone and i am unable to put any new ones on the phone, because the RINGTONES folder does not exist for me to drag and drop the . mr4 file.

Any idea what, i can do to make RINGTONES appear again on itunes.

thanks,
jbond007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Tallest Skil
Banned

You don't have the Ringtones tab when you select your iPhone in iTunes? Are you sure you have the newest iTunes, then? It's 7.6.2.
Tallest Skil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:43 PM   #3
jbond007
macrumors newbie

Yea, its itunes 7.6.2 (9), the latest one i downloaded from the apple site.

its a bit confusing, cus i don't see the tab anymore. I've even installed itunes on the XP side of the Parallel and its the same... it wont show the Ringtones tab. When i look at my iPhone the sync option is checked but still.
jbond007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2011, 09:56 AM   #4
ZXDan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbond007 View Post
Hi,

I'm new at this forum stuff.

I recently re-installed my imac OSX and since then itunes have been a bit messed up.

I have the latest version of itune installed and everything works fine, except that it wont show RINGTONES, on the top left side on itunes...under Podcast, Radio etc.

When i synced my iphone it deleted the previous ringtones from iphone and i am unable to put any new ones on the phone, because the RINGTONES folder does not exist for me to drag and drop the . mr4 file.

Any idea what, i can do to make RINGTONES appear again on itunes.

thanks,

Yeah... I have the same problem... Ringtones folder disappeared and even a major restore won't bring it back...

any help would be sincerely appreciated...

on my old sony-ericsson the whoel custom ringtone making was way much easier... and you could have more than one custom ringtone at a time... c'mon apple...? get with it...!
ZXDan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting