Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jan 27, 2014, 09:36 AM   #1
PinkyMacGodess
macrumors 68000

20140127 - U-Verse having 'nationwide problems'.

This morning, I'm surfing the net like doing a set at Mavericks. Then, I can't get to Hotmail. Then I can't get weather, I can't get to java.com, I can't get to... No one can get to Yahoo mail, but some sites RIP they are so fast.

Anyone else having issues with U-Verse, or is this some kind of penance for downloading all those YouTube videos?

Thanks...

Tech support says 'It's a nationwide outage'. How can it be 'nationwide'? Smells funny...
PinkyMacGodess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2014, 09:38 AM   #2
GizmoDVD
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyMacGodess View Post
This morning, I'm surfing the net like doing a set at Mavericks. Then, I can't get to Hotmail. Then I can't get weather, I can't get to java.com, I can't get to... No one can get to Yahoo mail, but some sites RIP they are so fast.

Anyone else having issues with U-Verse, or is this some kind of penance for downloading all those YouTube videos?

Thanks...

Tech support says 'It's a nationwide outage'. How can it be 'nationwide'? Smells funny...
Funny I see this... Yep, same thing.

I can't access Facebook or Amazon, get other websites work just fine (this for example).

I rebooted my router and such but no luck.

We're not alone:
http://downdetector.com/status/att/map
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:45 PM   #3
smithrh
macrumors 68000

Try a different DNS server...

If that doesn't help, then they have some routing issues...
smithrh is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:37 PM   #4
PinkyMacGodess
macrumors 68000

It was good for a while, and now it's bad again...

Net Neutrality?

Hmm... If this is what it's going to be like, than I say we storm the court that decided that gem, and string them up with endless waits for things on the internets... They are, after all, apparently just tubes that delver money to the keepers...
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:49 PM   #5
powerstrokin
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyMacGodess View Post
It was good for a while, and now it's bad again...

Net Neutrality?

Hmm... If this is what it's going to be like, than I say we storm the court that decided that gem, and string them up with endless waits for things on the internets... They are, after all, apparently just tubes that delver money to the keepers...
Should be storming the courts for a lot more than that. NSA/Banking/etc.

The overlords AKA: government AKA: mommy and daddy are laughing at all of us and saying "all your life are belong to us!"

Sheesh.

I HOPE the internet goes to hell, maybe it'll finally convince people to get out of the house and change something that actually means something.

Peace.
powerstrokin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:49 AM   #6
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

I actually had the same issue too, everything loading so slowly. But it was really windy, so I blamed it on that.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:38 AM   #7
PinkyMacGodess
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I actually had the same issue too, everything loading so slowly. But it was really windy, so I blamed it on that.
It could be. Our 'public infrastructure' is rotting to the core. Many cities haven't fixed or upgraded their water, sewer, or other systems EVER. It's gotten so bad that it's 'break fix', or nothing.

Bridges, roads, buildings, rail lines, power lines, gas lines, tunnels, airports, you name it. If it has anything to do with almost literally anything, it's probably rotting to the core.

Hell, my mom's power lines were BARE because the insulation had fallen off them, and the cable for her cable TV and internet was so rotten and sun damaged, it broke like a twig!

I hope, if nothing else, that this country serves as a warning to the others of what happens when you allow ideology and idiocy take hold and kill investment in anything but well paid rich people...

Sorry for the rant, but that struck a nerve.

The power lines were only replaced after they nearly burned her house down! That was when she lost power for nearly a week!

How much does AT&T's CEO/management team make per year...

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion