Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
I do and I drink tea (without any sugar) at least five times a day. I drink mostly natural white tea and natural green tea. What about you?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I used to drink tea when I was at college. White with 2-3 sugars, used to put a lot of milk in so I could drink it right away.

Now I can't stand the stuff. The smell, the taste, the culture around it. Yea. :eek:

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
I do it in cycles. For a few months I will drink like up to 5 cups a day of different types, and for months I won't touch it.

Black tea with mint, with milk (carnation milk, desi style), green tea, and chamomile.

Oh, and unsweetened ice-t sometimes. Picked that up when I was in Texas :D

0 sugar for me.

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
Yep, at least 3 times. I can hardly wake up without a cup of tea!
Usually more like 6/7, and i don't have any sugar so its a relatively healthy addiction:p

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
English Breakfast for, er, Breakfast (milk, no sugar)

A couple of Roisbois during the day (no milk or sugar)

Maybe an Earl Grey in the evening (no milk or sugar)

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
English Breakfast for, er, Breakfast (milk, no sugar)

A couple of Roisbois during the day (no milk or sugar)

Maybe an Earl Grey in the evening (no milk or sugar)

Says a lot when I can't tell the difference between Earl Grey and English Breakfast. :eek: Except which one Cpt. Piccard drank! :D

Dalriada

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2004
Moorlough Shore
I do and I drink tea at least five times a day. I drink mostly white tea and sometimes green and black tea. What about you?

When you say white tea, presume you mean the milky version. You should try drinking true white tea which is made from taking the young leaf tips only (white/silver coloured hence the name) Great stuff ! Otherwise I'm for green tea too but I do try to stay away from black as far as possible. Minimum 6 mugs a day keeps the doctors away.

Lipton%20White%20Tea.jpg

Dal

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Says a lot when I can't tell the difference between Earl Grey and English Breakfast. :eek: Except which one Cpt. Piccard drank! :D

Earl Gray's the one that tastes like washing up liquid.

Personally, I drink about six or seven large mugs of Jasmine tea a day. But I also like normal tea - that is to say bog standard builder's tea which everyone drinks in the UK but which seems impossible to get elsewhere...

Tea (normal tea, that is) is a funny drink. Everybody has the particular way they like it, and for many people the tiniest deviation results in something they want to spit out. I suspect that many people who don't like tea just haven't found 'their' way yet :p

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
I have another question...
To me it seems like people from United States don't like to drink tea that much. While people from Britain can't get enough of it (they like tea too much).
Don't Americans realise that tea is actually very good for their health?

tallyho

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2004
UK
I drink coffee as well. However, at work we only have instant coffee and so since I am a complete snob I only have coffee at home from my lovely espresso machine :)
Yeah I'm a coffee snob too - I grind the beans with a hand grinder and make the coffee in one of these: Cafe Solo. Really good coffee!

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2003
I don't know anything about tea but, is there any tea that has caffeine in it? I drink coca~cola like its water and I want to stop but I still want the caffeine at times. I read tea was supposed to be one of the top ten most healthiest drinks for you.

kabunaru

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
I don't know anything about tea but, is there any tea that has caffeine in it? I drink coca~cola like its water and I want to stop but I still want the caffeine at times. I read tea was supposed to be one of the top ten most healthiest drinks for you.

Pretty much all teas have caffeine. Some don't like this one:

Triple Leaf Tea Relaxing:
http://www.tripleleaf-tea.com/relax.htm

I drink this tea from time to time.

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
I have another question...
To me it seems like people from United States don't like to drink tea that much. While people from Britain can't get enough of it (they like tea too much).
Don't Americans realise that tea is actually very good for their health?

As far as I'm aware, it's a throwback to the Revolutionary days, when most Americans swore off tea because it was a British monopoly. They started drinking coffee instead, and it stuck.

I don't think it's so much a matter that we aren't all aware(although I'm sure a lot aren't), it's just that tea is one of those things that you acquire a taste for, like coffee, but many already have their coffee taste down. Why bother getting used to tea when we already have coffee?

Sideonecincy said:

Tea is naturally caffeinated, like coffee. Unless you pick up a variety that specifically says "caffeine free", I think it's safe to assume it does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.