Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thehindutimes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
art_large_441530.jpg

according to appleinsider the white iphone 3g will be coming in a white box
hrm... everything else'll be the same i expect

article here:
http://www.appleinsider.com/blogs/iphone/08/07/08/white_iphone_3gs_come_in_white_boxes_photo.html

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Nice. I'm kind of leaning towards the white now (not because of the box lol), I hope there are some left when I get to AT&T! :D

Givn2Fly13

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2008
I agree, white is a definite possibility for me. Afraid of the smudge "stains" like the gen 1 iPods.

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
I'm have been really leaning towards white ever since I saw it. But like someone else said, I hope AT&T has one for me when I go at opening.....they better!

Givn2Fly13

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2008
I love the recent posts:
White or Black?
Is White to feminine...etc etc
I am leaning towards white. I am a male... not worried what anyone else thinks about the color of my iphone...(as they coddle their treos and instincts!)
LOL

ManUtd08

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2008
I do have to say I am starting to lean towards the white iphone....the only problem is that I need to make a decision by friday...not that it is a huge decision...but one that i'll have to live with for well the 2yr contract

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
Now I know that a lot of people love their Apple boxes (heck, I do too, haven't ever thrown one out), but I think that somebody would have to be a little crazy to base their purchase (which one) on the box it would come in. But then again, the white iPhone looks a little bit too feminine for my liking.

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
no apple is smart i think they would be smart enough to put a plastic cover over it to ensure it doesnt get discolored

I think its Lucite, and painted underneath and emits through the Lucite. Like some supercars are made.

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
I love the incase slider in white... the new 3G makes me like the white casing even more.

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
I love the recent posts:
White or Black?
Is White to feminine...etc etc
I am leaning towards white. I am a male... not worried what anyone else thinks about the color of my iphone...(as they coddle their treos and instincts!)
LOL
I see nothing wrong with a white iphone, why does that have to be girlish?

ipodtouchy333

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2007
US
I see nothing wrong with a white iphone, why does that have to be girlish?

Many guys on here are getting it and don't think it's girlish. Get whatever you want, I am also going to get the white one, although I am a girl but I don't think that matters at all.

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
I remember the white vs black iPod nano and iPod video drama. The black picked up many more scratches and finger prints. From the pictures today on the internet it looks like the black iPhones are having the same issue.

ilounge even posted this a few weeks back and you can see the scratches and scuffs:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ar...ld-photos-inside-outside-iphone-3gs-new-shell

As much as I like the look of black, I'm going for the White. I never thought my white iPod nano, or white iPod video looked feminine. If I wanted pink, then that might raise some flags ;) Not that there's anything wrong with that.

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
It's not the glossy part that's discolored, it's the palm rest. A totally different kind of white... I've never heard of the shell case of a macbook becoming discolored.

The dye off my blue jeans turned the entire bottom of my white Macbook's case blue. :eek: It won't come off! It's not a dark blue, but you can definitely see the light staining.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.