Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:59 PM   #1
mztova
macrumors newbie

Trying to get wireless connection to iMac from Airport extreme

Hello! I need some help as I am new to mac...
I have a new iMac and bought the airport extreme to connect me wirelessly from cable modem....also have pc hard wired to airport extreme...set everything up and initially connection to both pc and imac.
First time connected to internet with imac.
It wanted some updates done..registered with apple care (i think that is what its called) and then after a couple of hours couldnt connect to wireless internet.
The imac is 2 floors up from airport..thought that was the problem..brought imac to the airport extreme..still no network.
I am missing something and I need some help please!!!
Thanks
Tova
mztova is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 08:02 PM   #2
richard.mac
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to richard.mac
try rebooting the Airport Extreme and the iMac.

if this doesnt work tell us the details or take a screenshot of the Network preferences window and the TCP/IP tab in the advanced window.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 08:11 PM   #3
mztova
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richthomas View Post
try rebooting the Airport Extreme and the iMac.

if this doesnt work tell us the details or take a screenshot of the Network preferences window and the TCP/IP tab in the advanced window.
I did reboot and nothing! I couldn't even get the internet to work on the pc without disconnecting the airport extreme. So i have no idea how to do the screen shot and I the imac won't connect to the net. It did once yesterday when I first plugged in the airport extreme and it went into sleep mode and then internet no more.
mztova is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2008, 02:15 AM   #4
Madame Defarge
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mztova View Post
Hello! I need some help as I am new to mac...
I have a new iMac and bought the airport extreme to connect me wirelessly from cable modem....also have pc hard wired to airport extreme...set everything up and initially connection to both pc and imac.
First time connected to internet with imac.
It wanted some updates done..registered with apple care (i think that is what its called) and then after a couple of hours couldnt connect to wireless internet.
The imac is 2 floors up from airport..thought that was the problem..brought imac to the airport extreme..still no network.
I am missing something and I need some help please!!!
Thanks
Tova
There seems to be an issue with the latest Airport Extreme update (06/30/08).

Go to the Apple forums for more info. http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1135

Some users have patched together their own work arounds, others have uninstalled the latest update and reinstalled the previous version.

Sorry this happened to you, but good luck!
Madame Defarge is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help