Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grandeabc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
The MacBook Air video card is very limited to run HD movies, and when you run Parallels accessing a Vm, the video performance is very poor. I would like to know if installing Windows through BootCamp, could increase this performance.
1 - Any one knows if there's some advantage on installing Windows through BootCamp instead of Vm?
Note: One desvantage is that TimeMachine can not auto backup BootCamp partition, but it "yes" do backups the Vm.
Thank you very much in advance!

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
Advantages: you can run xp with full performance if you need to.

Video Card performance doesn't do anything in virtual machines much unless you're doing 3d graphics.

grandeabc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Advantages: you can run xp with full performance if you need to.

Video Card performance doesn't do anything in virtual machines much unless you're doing 3d graphics.

Thank you "ayeying" an thank you "Unprocessed1" for your prompt support. Another doubt is:
Are there differences in video performance on booting the Mac machine in Windows, than to boot the machine in Leopard+Paralles accessing the BootCamp?
I'm asking this because I have contact Parallels team, and they told me that there's no difference in video performance when you use Parallels+BootCamp, but I still doubt this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.