Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback

Old Dec 15, 2003, 08:26 PM   #1
mainstreetmark
macrumors 68020

I can (eventually) provide you lots more song detail

Hey arn/Group -

Moments ago, I submitted my new project website to macbytes, which should hopefully get a lot of people to upload their library (not files, of course) to an online database I made.

I've created, kind of with dailytunes.com in mind, an XML dump you could hook into. Given a title, an artist or both, it returns lots of statistics, such as how popular the song is in real life, or how often it has been played. As the database grows, the stats I could mine from the data will also grow.

Hopefully, you'll find it useful, and i welcome your feedback.

http://www.itunesregistry.com/feed
Old Dec 15, 2003, 10:28 PM   #2
Mudbug
Administrator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mudbug Send a message via Skype™ to Mudbug
I registered, then tried to upload my itunes library to your database, and got this:
Quote:
insert into stats set date='2003-12-15' , artists='6538' , albums='6488' , tracks='72128' , genres='378' , users='34' , tracky='paularms (10,917)' , artisty='paularms (1,153)' , genrey='mikey8270 (112)' , mostsong='Stairway to Heaven/Led Zeppelin (21)' , mostartist='The Beatles (1,486)' , mostgenre='Rock (13,891)'
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/markwebs/itunesregistry.com/db_connect.php:82) in /home/markwebs/itunesregistry.com/user/upload.php on line 73
any ideas?
Old Dec 16, 2003, 11:20 AM   #3
mainstreetmark
macrumors 68020

yes, dammit. last minute debug info I forgot to remove...

I violated the first rule of software development. Don't make code changes the day before release.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback