Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadupchowder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Hello,

My band and I are trying to burn an Audio CD with track and artist information so when you put the disc in a computer with iTunes or a CD/DVD player it will display the track titles and such correctly.

I tried using WaveBurner and added CD Text to all of the tracks, but after burning the disc iTunes failed to see any of the track information. I was reading that CD Text is only one way of embedding this information to a CD and that ID3 tags inside of MP3 files may be a way to go.

I tried using the Advanced menu in iTunes and submitted the CD track names for my burned disc, but when I put the disc in another Mac with iTunes it doesn't find the info. However I later found out that it's not for custom CDs, which I guess you can classify my band CD in.

I would like to have the track and artist information on the discs so when we hand them out or sell them people will be able to import them to their iPods without typing in all the information manually. I would appreciate any help in doing this, I have WaveBurner, iTunes, and Toast installed incase it helps.

Thanks! :)

-Tom

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
Hi,

You can do this through iTunes Preferences > Advanced > Burning > Include CD Text. Or am I misunderstanding your question?

cory-bias

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2008
iTunes doesn't read CD Text although it seems that it will write it. When you submit CD Track names it is uploading that information the Gracenote CDDB database, this is where iTunes and other jukebox programs normally get the CD track listing information.

I have never had any trouble submitting CD Tracks names through iTunes for an CD that I have Mastered, but it does sometimes take a week or 2 to start working. Usually once I have burnt the final master and I deliver it to the client, I will then put my(identical) copy of the disk into iTunes and enter all the info and submit. When I get my final copy from replication and put it in my computer, everything shows up just like I entered it and the clients love it.

You can also submit directly to Gracenote's website, but I have never tried it.

Hope this helps.

best

Cory

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.