Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Savagestorm

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Hey, I was initially going to buy Super Monkey ball untill I saw the number of games available on the store. Does anyone know if any major games site, such as IGN, 1up or gamespot will be reviewing these soon?

Thanks

AndyQ

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
Or check out Cube Runner - a version of the flash game CubeField (my game - shameless plug so comments welcome)

bazookafx3

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2008
Or check out Cube Runner - a version of the flash game CubeField (my game - shameless plug so comments welcome)

WOW :eek: I just tried the flash version of CubeField... VERY FUN! Im def gonna but this for my iphone!

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
You can't buy Cube Runner. I saw it in the App Store, it's free!

...I don't see Bejewelled in the App Store, what section is it in?

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008

i love that game, it's great for passing time and it's very addicting, i already have it downloaded, now if only 2.0 would hurry up or an iPod Touch version would leak.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
Odd...if I search for Bejewelled 2 I find it, and it claims it's in the Games section, and I see it in "Top Apps", but I sure don't see it in any of the game sections, not even in the "Puzzle/Strategy" section. Am I missing something? Are there tons of games I'm not seeing?

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007

Great to have some simple fun free games the kids can enjoy! Thanks for the effort was not on my list to get from the screen shots it looked pretty plain but after trying the demo here: http://cube.floccul.us/

its already downloaded! This is a pretty cool app and while I have not played it on my Iphone yet (waiting for 2.0) I hope its as addicting.

PS As a programmer can I ask you a question on the controls. From everything I have played motioned based the controls are super touchy an issue I think might haunt the Iphone. As a Programmer can you stiffen or loosen the accelerators? I think every game should come with settings for your style of movement.

Thanks again!

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
Has anyone tried that Chimps Ahoy game yet? I never could get into the Super Monkeyball games, and that one also stars monkeys :) From the screenshots it looks kinda like a sideways Arkanoid, which is one of my favorite old arcade games.

AndyQ

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
Great to have some simple fun free games the kids can enjoy! Thanks for the effort was not on my list to get from the screen shots it looked pretty plain but after trying the demo here: http://cube.floccul.us/

its already downloaded! This is a pretty cool app and while I have not played it on my Iphone yet (waiting for 2.0) I hope its as addicting.

PS As a programmer can I ask you a question on the controls. From everything I have played motioned based the controls are super touchy an issue I think might haunt the Iphone. As a Programmer can you stiffen or loosen the accelerators? I think every game should come with settings for your style of movement.

Thanks again!

I've spent a fair bit of time making the controls not too sensitive but sensitive enough to be fun. You can't alter the sensitivity of the accelerometers but you can apply smoothing to them.

An I know the screenshots don't show it off in the best light (its pretty hard to make a bunch of cubes look exciting :)) but I enjoy playing it (still after many hours of testing). Hope you enjoy it too.

terrrrrible

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2007
Super Monkey Ball is confusing me on how exactly you're supposed to hold the phone! It seems like a 45 degree angle but even that is hard to tell.

mb2008

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
I've noticed that there are more apps than are listed under the catagories (i.e. tetris is there but you have to use the search function, it's not listed under games or entertainment right now). Speaking of Tetris, no way am I paying that much :mad:.

Seems pretty funny there is a free "Light" app and at least three others that want some dough. It's going to be very interesting watching the prices for the apps for the next few weeks

Savagestorm

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
I'm unsure about Super Monkey ball, maybe I just need to play more, but it doesn't feel right.

To those who are waiting for 2.0, why not just download from engadget?

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008

YOU made cube runner?
congrats man....its a great app
and your giving it to me for free.....thank you so much!!!

I have downloaded 4 games so far (I used the manual install for 2.0, downloaded all the games from the appstore on my phone, and everything is working fine. if you have an iPhone, I advise you to install 2.0 manually right now)
Monkey Ball is fun, but its really really hard to control, so the stages that dont hold your hand through them are really hard

enigmo is pure genius, and i could spend hours on a single puzzle. they get really hard, but very very fun

cro-mag ralley is probably the best of the bunch. it controls very nicely, you can change the sensitivity, go into first person mode, and there are quite a few levels and cars, as well as 2 game modes, a race and a gather the items first type mode, called gather

and finally, Apples own texas hold em is great if you like poker. especially since its only 5 dollars. most of the gameplay is done with fun finger swipes, and the graphics are great. it also offers quite a few different locations to play in, and apparently also wifi multiplayer, though i havnt tried that yet

terrrrrible

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2007
I'm unsure about Super Monkey ball, maybe I just need to play more, but it doesn't feel right.

To those who are waiting for 2.0, why not just download from engadget?

Yeah, SMB feels really weird to me too. I can't figure out exactly how I should hold the phone, and it's impossible to keep the guy still.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008

just a thought, if you give cube runner graphical polish, so it looks like something real, maybe a spaceship going through an asteroid field, you could charge a few bucks for it. id pay, thats for sure

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Motion-X Poker is amazing, and a true bargain at $4.99. Everyone I have showed it to has laughed when they see the dice shake. :)

awesomator

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
super monkey all is fun but you need to play at least 30 minutes before the controls are easy and it is fun. I remember i couldn't keep the monkey still for the first 20 levels or so but now im really good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.