Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
competetion = lower prices

The antenna is totally big enough, ask anyone who's used the gps, google maps just loads too slowly.
Mark my words, the iphone will also be an in car nav system, stop worrying :)
I only say this b/c if it wasn't, it'd be a huge mistake by apple, given that they're advertising its GPS capabilities, which most people equate to in car satnav.

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
Can anyone tell me, which do you like better - TeleNav or TomTom? I have never used either but I'm interested in downloading a turn by turn app once they become available. Any major differences?

Cartaphilus

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
NeleTav

So how do you use the 3G iPhone in, say, a rental car? Do you need to buy an application? Any additional hardware required?

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
So, it's not launched yet?

Does anyone know the projected value/cost.
(Is he going to run it up the more people run their mouth about the company name?)...Please, don't :eek:

guru_ck

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2005
Bay Area, CA
So how much is the App going to be? What's the ETA?

We have successfully ported it over from our Windows Mobile version which is written in some variation of C. Of course we still need to do a lot of testing, mainly with the new iPhone to see how well the embedded GPS works. We are also re-designing the entire UI to fit in with Apple's style. I don't have a timeline or pricing at the moment but if Apple allows it to pass into the AppStore I think everyone could see it within the next few months.

I work at TeleNav as a QA Engineer so it will be passing through my hands once the dev team is finished. By the time it reaches that point it's pretty close to ending up in the market. I'll keep you guys updated!

Aiphanes

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
South Texas
The Sprint Samsung Instinct has the best navigation software right now...and I think it is TeleNav.

If they are going to charge like $100 for this app on the App store...it will not be worth the price, unless it has a lot more features than what is in the version that is in the Sprint Instinct.

guru_ck

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2005
Bay Area, CA
The Sprint Samsung Instinct has the best navigation software right now...and I think it is TeleNav.

If they are going to charge like $100 for this app on the App store...it will not be worth the price, unless it has a lot more features than what is in the version that is in the Sprint Instinct.

Yup, that's TeleNav just re-branded to Sprint Navigation :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.