Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Some of my Apps sync and some don't. Is anyone else having this issue? Has anyone found a fix?

I had the same issue. Here's the fix.

Right-click by holding down the Control key and clicking on your iPhone listed in Devices in iTunes. Then click "Reset Warnings" at the bottom of the little pop-up. Then hit sync again you should see a dialogue box that says "Do you want to transfer some stuff from you iphone to your itunes etc".

Click TRANSFER. And it should sync up. I just did it and fixed me up.

By the way, luv that avatar. lol.

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
Thanks! It worked!

I accidentally deleted a couple free apps while I had to re-download. It wasn't a big deal but I want to make sure I don't have the same problem with paid apps.

elistar

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
I had the same issue. Here's the fix.

Right-click by holding down the Control key and clicking on your iPhone listed in Devices in iTunes. Then click "Reset Warnings" at the bottom of the little pop-up. Then hit sync again you should see a dialogue box that says "Do you want to transfer some stuff from you iphone to your itunes etc".

Click TRANSFER. And it should sync up. I just did it and fixed me up.

By the way, luv that avatar. lol.

does that also work for ipod touch users?

seanharrison92

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2008
hey i did the thing of reset warnings but now it tells me that some apps couldnt sync ( which happens to be the ones that weren't syncing before) do u know y could it be? or any fix ? plz help

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
hey i did the thing of reset warnings but now it tells me that some apps couldnt sync ( which happens to be the ones that weren't syncing before) do u know y could it be? or any fix ? plz help

some possibilites as to why they won't sync:

a.) not compatible with your current software version (ex. 2.2, 2.1)
b.) they are iPhone ONLY apps, and thus won't work on an iPod Touch
c.) They weren't purchased with your account, or are not authorized for use on your computer

hope that helps.

mykemurfy

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2010
Restrictions might interfere with app syncing

You might also check whether you have any content restrictions enabled on your phone. I often let my kids play games on my phone, and found that Settings - General - Restrictions - Installing Apps seems to prevent apps from syncing in iTunes for Windows, so I disabled it and syncing resumed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.