Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dansante

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
I had my credit run at AT&T last week, but I'm thinking about going to an Apple Store to buy my iPhone tomorrow. Does anyone know if Apple be able to use the pre-qualified credit check confirmation number AT&T gave me? Or will they have to run my credit again?

dansante

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
Great, thanks. This will be good to know even if I head to AT&T in the morning, in case they run out - I'll know I can just head to Apple without taking another hit on my credit by doing so.

DimeTech

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2003
I went in there last week and got my credit checked. I guess I zoned out because I forgot to ask for the confirmation code. So I hit em up when I got home and they said I didn't need a code; the credit inquiry says in the system at least 30 days. I hope they can pull it up at the apple store if I decide to go there over att...either way they can just run it again I guess, with the same result, no deposit.

dansante

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
It turns out Apple is NOT able to use the pre-qualified number I got from AT&T. Luckily, I asked the Apple rep only a few minutes after I got in line. Unluckily, I then went to an AT&T store, which sold out with about 10 people ahead of me in line.

Normally I guess it wouldn't be a big deal to have my credit run twice, but I'm planning to move shortly and need to keep my score as high as possible. Also, I had anticipated paying a deposit and think part of the reason that I didn't owe one was because I told the rep running the check that I have AT&T home phone service. He asked me for that phone number as part of the check, and I suspect having paid that bill on time for 10 years probably worked in my favor. Not sure it would be the same result at Apple, and I didn't want to wait in line for hours to find out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.