Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmonster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Quick question, I've been reading that stocks seem to sound limited in actual at&t stores so I might just go to an apple store. I've changed our account to add me as an authorized user in an At&t retail store but does anyone know if that applies to the Apple retail store for the iphone?

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
Quick question, I've been reading that stocks seem to sound limited in actual at&t stores so I might just go to an apple store. I've changed our account to add me as an authorized user in an At&t retail store but does anyone know if that applies to the Apple retail store for the iphone?

it should

Iron Chef

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
There another thread regarding this very issue. They are getting mixed responses from stores. Some stores are saying you have to be the primary account holder, not just an authorized user. This includes my friend who is an Apple Genius at a store near me.

However, another person posted that as long as you have the last 4 digits of the social security of the primary account holder, then you are fine.

Other stores said they weren't sure and basically said that they might want to head out to AT&T stores just to be safe.

thor79

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
Chicago, IL
Yes AT&T Stores will naturally have more limited stock....but that's because there's like 10 times more of them.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. Get it at your local AT&T store, if they run out go to the next one that is maybe a mile or two away...and if that one doesn't have it you probably have a ton more before you actually get to an Apple store.

Find out which stores are corporate stores as they will have better stocks than AT&T Authorized Reseller Stores which will receive a limited number.

My closest Apple stores (2 of them) are each about 17 miles from me. In that distance around me there are 14 corporate AT&T stores and 14 Authorized Resellers. I'm not worried about getting mine at an AT&T store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.