Audiobook files onto aiff or mp3? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback

Old Dec 17, 2003, 10:34 AM   #1
rlhubley
macrumors member

Audiobook files onto aiff or mp3?

Unfortunately, I do not own an iPod. No $$ for it. However, I have downloaded a couple of books from the iTMS. They turned out great and I really enjoyed both of them. I would like to give them another listen while I am on the road this holiday season. The problem is that each book consists of only four files, each are huge and they the protected AAC files.

Is there ANY way I can burn these to a regular aiff file cd for use on a car cd player(not .mp3 player). Each file is too large to fit on an individual cd when iTunes converts it, so the files need to split up.

Please help, i have a LOT of driving time next week and this could keep me awake for most of it!!!
rlhubley is offline   0
Old Dec 18, 2003, 03:18 AM   #2
spiraliv
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to spiraliv
You can split them up in a program such as Sound Studio or Spark ME (I prefer Sound Studio but Spark is free) and also adjust AIFF compression in those programs.

I imagine you might be able to use one of those programs for splitting up MPEGs to keep them each a certain size but I don't know of any.
spiraliv is offline   0
Old Dec 18, 2003, 08:19 AM   #3
rlhubley
macrumors member

Cool, I have Sound Studio and will try that tonight. I'm not sure that it will read a protected apple sound file though
rlhubley is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback