Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snpbond

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
I am going to be buying a Macbook and getting the Ipod Touch with it, will the new update come with? Or will I at least get a coupon to download it for free?

alteridiom

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Just got a ipod touch 8 a couple days ago. How would I go about getting a coupon for 2.0? Anyone know the return policy off the top of their heads. I kind of want 16 now that I am going to be running apps. Thanks.

Mikey-

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
England
Just got a ipod touch 8 a couple days ago. How would I go about getting a coupon for 2.0? Anyone know the return policy off the top of their heads. I kind of want 16 now that I am going to be running apps. Thanks.

Usually return policy's are 28 days or under (1 month)

ace86

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
It looks like Apple is holding its ground and making even new iPod Touch buyers also buy iPhone 2.0 software as an add-on. That's sort of disappointing.

Besides access to apps, what exactly does 2.0 software do for the iPod Touch? Improved mail?

Snpbond

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
I just bought my Macbook and a 16gb Touch, the invoice said that it had the Jan Update, so Im gonna have to phone them when I get it and demand a 2.0 update for free, only fair :)

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I just bought my Macbook and a 16gb Touch, the invoice said that it had the Jan Update, so Im gonna have to phone them when I get it and demand a 2.0 update for free, only fair :)

You got a (nearly) free iPod with an old (free) software update and you're going to demand you get more for free because it's 'fair'?

Snpbond

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
Of course its fair, if they released a new firmware upgrade, and I bought the product afterwards, I should get the firmware on it already.

The ipod was not free either, it cost me $420, once I get the rebate back it will only cost $100, however the should compensate for the unreal over-priced Ipod itself, if not for this rebate i would have just got the classic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.