Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jul 11, 2008, 02:07 PM   #1
NewGenAdam
macrumors 6502

MobileMe is either disappointing or failing

So I've registered (got through with my third credit card...), and logged in, but none of my contacts, emails, or anything is appearing, and yes I did a system sync. I'm on a MacBook with Mail, iCal and Address Book set up; I thought the idea was MobileMe synced all these Apps straight to your MobileMe account. It should just do it, right? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Either way Apple seem to have got something wrong with this metaphorical stick, because either I've got its wrong end and it is in fact a whole lot suckier than I thought, or I've got its right and, end they've got issues.
Anyone else struggling? Enlighten me!
NewGenAdam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 02:10 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGenAdam View Post
So I've registered (got through with my third credit card...), and logged in, but none of my contacts, emails, or anything is appearing, and yes I did a system sync. I'm on a MacBook with Mail, iCal and Address Book set up; I thought the idea was MobileMe synced all these Apps straight to your MobileMe account. It should just do it, right? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Either way Apple seem to have got something wrong with this metaphorical stick, because either I've got its wrong end and it is in fact a whole lot suckier than I thought, or I've got its right and, end they've got issues.
The good news is that this subject has been discussed repeatedly in dozens of threads in the forums, so you can get a much faster response if, before starting a new repetitive thread, you'll first use this link to search the forums to see what has already been discussed. MacRumors Guides are also a great resource. If you don't find your answer there, let us know and we'll be happy to help!
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 02:32 PM   #3
NewGenAdam
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjstudios View Post
The good news is that this subject has been discussed repeatedly in dozens of threads in the forums, so you can get a much faster response if, before starting a new repetitive thread, you'll first use this link to search the forums to see what has already been discussed. MacRumors Guides are also a great resource. If you don't find your answer there, let us know and we'll be happy to help!
Well, how superficially sweet yet clearly patronising and spiked. Please do excuse me, and thank you for your apparent courtesy. And thank you for generously taking the time to tell me off, and tell me what to do, but not answer my question at all. What manners!
Indeed, it is a learning experience.
NewGenAdam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 02:51 PM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Well, how superficially sweet yet clearly patronising and spiked. Please do excuse me, and thank you for your apparent courtesy. And thank you for generously taking the time to tell me off, and tell me what to do, but not answer my question at all. What manners!
Indeed, it is a learning experience.
The response was offered in a genuine attempt to help you get answers. If you don't want help, don't ask questions!
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 02:54 PM   #5
ubersalad
macrumors 6502a

are you properly setup on your pc?
ubersalad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:11 PM   #6
ortuno2k
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
The service is still having issues. It's not working 100% for me neither.
Let's just be a little more patient.
ortuno2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:42 PM   #7
pcorajr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortuno2k View Post
The service is still having issues. It's not working 100% for me neither.
Let's just be a little more patient.
ill be patient if they credit me for the past few days where the service was unvailable due to their poor planning.
Apple TV
pcorajr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services