Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Home
The Griffin iTrip AutoPilot has been tested with iPhone 3G and it works great! It will also charge and play with the RoadTrip with SmartScan, but because the RoadTrip has not been officially approved for use with the iPhone by Apple, we are not able to manufacture an adaptor for the iPhone to hold it in place. When the RoadTrip becomes iPhone approved, we will be able to make an adaptor and offer support at that time. But for now, iTrip AutoPilot is good to go! Let me know if I can be of any other service.

Technical Support

Griffin didn't get info about the phone till Today basically. Hence O2 and CWH stores having sod all accessories bar cases (same deal with the online stores - no dice).

The AutoPilot looks pretty decent - charge, get Radio, have a stand etc for GPS. Anyone else got any favorites from Griffin they want to see updated for the new iPhone 3G ?

davidjtaylor07

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2007
just to confirm

I have just bought the griffin itrip auto pilot and it works great with 2g iphone, i am hoping to upgrade to iphone 3g and just want to confirm that it works with iphone 3g.
also i notice that when my 2g iphone charges it is supposed to slowly pulse an orange colour. mine just stays stic red and goes green when fully charged, is their something wrong with mine?

bigjohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2000
Monrovia, CA
I have just bought the griffin itrip auto pilot and it works great with 2g iphone, i am hoping to upgrade to iphone 3g and just want to confirm that it works with iphone 3g.
also i notice that when my 2g iphone charges it is supposed to slowly pulse an orange colour. mine just stays stic red and goes green when fully charged, is their something wrong with mine?

does the autopilot work with regular ipods as well?

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Looks like Griffin is hard at work making sure their work is iPhone 3G compatible: http://www.griffintechnology.com/devices/iphone/iphone3g

I haven't heard word bcak from them yet, but they already have 3G cases out. They might say that teh 2G iPhone AutoPiloots etc will work, and then they'll bring out a new model, or they might just put the 2G AutoPilots into "iPhone 3G compatible" boxes...

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I have an IClear from Griffen and it looks like the closest thing to that is the Nu Form. Also, do the Belkin screen protectors from the first generation IPhone also work for the new ones?

Does anyone know of a retail chain that carries Belkin products? I prefer not to have to order it online and wait for it to arrive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.