Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
How is everyone elses iphones doing with reception? I have been really shocked to see that the reception I am getting on my new iphone is worse than on my Razr! :eek:

At home, I am only getting 3 bars, sometimes 2 and at work, I get 3 and sometimes 4. With my Razr, I ALWAYS had 4 bars and many times 5 bars. I am in a huge metropolitan area!

I love the phone in every other way so far, but am pretty disappointed in the reception, especially since we were told that the plastic back would help with it!

How is everyone elses reception? Better or worse than before....whether a previous iphone user or not?

dog352

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
Mine is so horrid it is unbelievable. With Sprint and Verizon, there is perfect reception. I'm getting one or two bars if I'm lucky here in Huntington Beach. Don't even ask about the Internet speed.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
:eek:
oh no. I think i need to stop reading the forums. I'm reading about problems that are not good. I just read about email attachments that save to the iPhone save in poor quality.:eek:
NoW BAD RECEPTION!!! I had a RAZR before and switched because i was having reception problems at home:(

Xiph0s

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
New York, NY
:eek:
oh no. I think i need to stop reading the forums. I'm reading about problems that are not good. I just read about email attachments that save to the iPhone save in poor quality.:eek:
NoW BAD RECEPTION!!! I had a RAZR before and switched because i was having reception problems at home:(

I live in Tucson Az, and my reception has been beyond good. I drove around a bit and it stayed at a constant full bars. Better than I got at Verizon

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
I live in a fully covered 3G area but inside the house, I get flakey coverage... I was hoping that the 3G signal will have easier time penetrating the walls of my house.

drakeshipway

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
Oakville, Ontario
I am getting in southern Ontario, and I am getting pretty good reception. (But then again what isn't better than Bell)
But anyways, I get 3-full bars around my house, and in the basement 1 bar in some places.

btw. Oakville is about 30 minutes away from Toronto

pce, have fun with your new iPhones, I know I will :D :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.