Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:37 PM   #1
ZapMyPRAM
macrumors newbie

Can't Edit Calendar Items on iPhone w/ Exchange Sync

I updated my iphone 1.0 to the 2.0 firmware and have an issue with the Calendar items that sync'd from my Exchange server to the iphone.
I can not edit any calendar items (all-day events, appointments, etc.) on my iPhone that were not created on the iPhone. So, all of the calendar items that moved to my iPhone can not be edited. The only thing I can do is change the reminder. If I create the calendar item on the iPhone, I can eidt it and it does sync properly. Also, it wasn't until I marked all calendar items as unread in Outlook did all of the items come over to the iPhone. Prior to that only recurring items came to the iPhone.
This is very odd behavior and unless I can edit all Calendar items on the iPhone and have the changes sync, this new sync feature is useless to me.
Also, the calendar items all came over as meeting requests each asking me to accept, maybe or decline. Accepting did not change the behavior of the editing. I have a very long list of meeting requests, one for each appointment.
I think this implementation is buggy, or I have to change something that I have not identified, yet.
Contacts are fine, so is email.
Anyone have the same problems with Calendar items and Exchange Sync? Any solutions?
ZapMyPRAM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:52 PM   #2
ZapMyPRAM
macrumors newbie

Invitations..Not Meeting Requests

Just wanted to clarify that the calendar items all generated Invitations on the iPhone. Kinda the same as Meeting Request....
Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:18 AM   #3
ZapMyPRAM
macrumors newbie

Once you edit event in Outlook iPhone can no longer edit it

Events created on the iPhone can be edited on the iPhone until you edit it in Outlook and it syncs.
This is a big problem. Events can not be deleted on iPhone.
Maybe Exchange/Outlook properties and permissions must be changed?

Also want to get rid of the invitations related to each event that originally synced.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 04:30 AM   #4
viper0440
macrumors newbie

Check this thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=518550
viper0440 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting