Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:52 PM   #1
fjs08
macrumors 65816

do I really want to set up push

I've done every step on the Apple web site but when I was going to activate Push, I saw the following message.

Choose the data you would like pushed over-the-air to your device and tap “Save”. Important: When you press the “Sync” button, MobileMe will overwrite any existing contacts, calendars and bookmarks on your iPhone or iPod touch.

Now will that erase all my Favorites from my iPhone??? Will I have to reset them and their ring tones??

Thanks.

Frank
fjs08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:57 PM   #2
southerndoc
macrumors 6502a

Dunno about ringtones, but my favorites temporarily converted to numbers only and then after it sync'd converted back to their names.
southerndoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 06:32 AM   #3
fjs08
macrumors 65816

I did the push set up. Seems to have worked fine. It did the same thing yours did. I added a Calendar event on my iPhone, but nothing was pushed to my Mac. Any thoughts on how to do that??

Frank
fjs08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 06:41 AM   #4
BillyBobBongo
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjs08 View Post
I did the push set up. Seems to have worked fine. It did the same thing yours did. I added a Calendar event on my iPhone, but nothing was pushed to my Mac. Any thoughts on how to do that??

Frank
I did the same with my iPod Touch and have yet to see it 'push'. I think that there are some bugs in the system still, give it time!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services