Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 12, 2008, 08:44 AM   #1
RobMtl007
macrumors newbie

How many Apps sold

Greetings:

If a programmer submits an application in the Apps Store, is there a feature

informing the programmer how many Apps have sold in the Apps Store?

Would the programmer have a User profile to see how his/her Applications
are doing.

Regards Robert
RobMtl007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 09:03 AM   #2
Sbrocket
macrumors 65816

Unfortunately no, and with the "Popularity" download counts in AppStore.app now broken it seems that there's no way for us to check downloads besides waiting for the monthly reports.

Unibody MBP 15" | 2.53GHz | 4GB DDR3 | 320GB @ 7200RPM
Sbrocket is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Cromulent
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbrocket View Post
Unfortunately no, and with the "Popularity" download counts in AppStore.app now broken it seems that there's no way for us to check downloads besides waiting for the monthly reports.
Do the monthly reports come on the first of the month or just monthly from when the app store launched?
Cromulent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:29 PM   #4
Sbrocket
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulent View Post
Do the monthly reports come on the first of the month or just monthly from when the app store launched?
That's a good question. I would imagine the monthly reports are done on the first of the month rather than at a different time so they can label them based on the month, and I seem to remember seeing in the "Publishing on App Store" that monthly reports are listed by month name. The page in iTunes Connect doesn't say, though.

Old Jul 12, 2008, 01:52 PM   #5
Mr Ikasu
macrumors member

If there is no way to find out until the monthly report that is going to be quite a long nervous wait for those who have apps in the store.

I can imagine downloads could hit tens of thousands if not more for some of the popular apps (Monkey Ball/Band) but some may only get a few hundred. I know I'd be very anxious to see how my app had actually done.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:37 PM   #6
Sbrocket
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ikasu View Post
If there is no way to find out until the monthly report that is going to be quite a long nervous wait for those who have apps in the store.

I can imagine downloads could hit tens of thousands if not more for some of the popular apps (Monkey Ball/Band) but some may only get a few hundred. I know I'd be very anxious to see how my app had actually done.
Err, yes. You pretty much hit that on the head - we'd like to know how our apps are doing.

Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:48 PM   #7
vettori
macrumors 6502a

Apple should have released an app that counts developer's app downloads in realtime
vettori is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:51 PM   #8
aosman
macrumors 6502

Someone should write that app.... Apple definitely thought out the entire app store distribution system pretty well.
aosman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:20 AM   #9
kshep
macrumors member

Application Sort By Popularity

You can get a general sense of how well your app stacks up to others by doing a sort by popularity on the iTunes App Store.
kshep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:29 PM   #10
Greencardman
macrumors 6502

You can also embed analytics software into your code that would tell you how many users you have, among other things.
Greencardman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:12 PM   #11
kshep
macrumors member

User Tracking

Yeah I thought about this a lot today and found http://www.pinchmedia.com/developers/

I'm not sure I feel about tracking my users, I definitely wouldn't want to do it without consent. That just feels creepy, and I'm kinda afraid that users would be turned off from the concept too if I prompted them too.

Perhaps I'll add some useful functions to my software like an opt in network high score list. Which would also as a by product help get me statistics on how many people are actually playing. That seems a little more fair to the user.
kshep is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming