Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Rang the Apple Store Trafford centre 10am, they said systems were back up.
I asked the guy, if he were me, knowing the stock levels, would it be worth the hours trip from Widnes, he said 'definitely'.

I went, queued for 1Hr 10 mins and activation took 20 mins in total.

I walked out with a fully functioning iPhone 3G white.

Far as I can see, no screen issues.

I was already with O2, but took out a new contract, and was treated as a new customer to O2.

I've since released the 8GB black I was holding, until Monday, at the O2 store, Widnes.

One COOL day. :apple::cool:

R-Fly

Some Photos:

Attachments

• DSCF3121.JPG
    DSCF3121.JPG
    697.1 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF3123.JPG
    DSCF3123.JPG
    682.3 KB · Views: 534
  • DSCF3124.JPG
    DSCF3124.JPG
    684.4 KB · Views: 364
  • DSCF3125.JPG
    DSCF3125.JPG
    727.9 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCF3126.JPG
    DSCF3126.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 236

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
UK
Yeah, I was at TC at 10 and saw 30 or so people queuing.

I was there flexing my new iphone. Hehehehe see me R-fly?:p

Petoz

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
UK
Congrats on the white iPhone. My black 8Gb arrived in the post on friday morning. Well happy. I was in the Apple store in birmingham yesterday afternoon, and bough the dock. When i was there I asked about stock, and was told they had "loads"! Couldn't sell them because of the system problems. Apple stores stocked well though. White ones look very good. I think i need a case for mine now. Don't fancy the scratches.

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
UK
Thank goodness for that, Well done on getting a white one,

Woman in carphone warehouse told me that the white one hadnt been released yet..:mad::mad::mad::mad: Obviously i knew she was talking crap and walked out in fury..

Im going to wait a few weeks and thne try to get a white one.. Its good to see that Apple are actually selling white ones in UK contrary to what I had heard..

ryanmanu

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
congrats on getting a working iPhone 3g! one of the only ones!
was ment to get mine from CPW on friday but now i get the message sorry we are out of stock! wel dont promise it to me for friday and dont deliever it now until atleast another week after the original date!!

fastbite

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
London
It is so bloody frustrating that if you are an existing iPhone user you can't get the white. It feels like being penalized by Apple -- but regardless, it looks great! And congratulations.

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I don't believe I did! - :p

No, really, where, were you!?

I was wearing a black T-shirt and jeans. lol

R-Fly

Lol, nah I wasn't queuing I got mine yesterday.

Saw around 30 people queuing at 10 at the apple store, but i was in the store just checking out a white one.

Glad you got one matey.

javadh

macrumors member
May 13, 2008
congratulations with your new iPhone and thanks for the pictures. I'm in Russia now ordered one off ebay its like yours white :D now I'm just waiting for the tracking code:D

NightGeometry

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2004
Southampton Apple Store had more white iPhones than black 16gb's...

Only had to queue for about an hour today too. And they have those nice iPhone bags too :)

otep1760

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
It is so bloody frustrating that if you are an existing iPhone user you can't get the white. It feels like being penalized by Apple -- but regardless, it looks great! And congratulations.

since when can you not get white if you are an existing iPhone user?

zeasar

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
Norn Iron
grats on the white iphone, too bad I cant get one here since there's no apple stores here till end of the summer... T_T

sowlerrmgh

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2004
Congrats R-Fly!

When you say that you were already on O2 but you started a new contact did you keep the same phone number?

I am in a position were I started a contact with O2 through Carphone Warehouse which has just expired, if I wanted to upgrade I would have to do it though Carphone Warehouse however if it is possible to get a PAC code and rejoin O2 then I could also get it from Apple.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Congrats R-Fly!

When you say that you were already on O2 but you started a new contact did you keep the same phone number?

I am in a position were I started a contact with O2 through Carphone Warehouse which has just expired, if I wanted to upgrade I would have to do it though Carphone Warehouse however if it is possible to get a PAC code and rejoin O2 then I could also get it from Apple.

No, I had to opt for a new number.

Theygave me options to port it, but said it could take a week.

A said no thanks, I'll take a new number.

R-Fly

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003

Huh? I got one no problem.

Are we talking about UK specifically here?

Cousin Dirk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
London, UK
I think we're talking about O2 here. There's been few, if any, reports of White iPhones at O2 stores, and those of us trying to purchase online weren't even given the option of a white one.

bry223

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2004
It doesnt seem like the demand is as great as it is here in the states, I would love to wait in line for little over an hour to get an iPhone, but thats not clearly the case here in Southern Cali

markym07931

macrumors regular
May 14, 2008
yeah. i got a white one yesterday from Meadowhall... activated it on my computer at 7.40pm... and at 8pm today, so thats 24 hours and 20 minutes later.. the sim card they gave me is working!!!!!! yay!

M

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
I don't know what will be quicker, O2 allowing Apple to upgrade contracts or Apple giving O2 some white iPhones so existing users can upgrade!

Place your bets, which will come first?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.